Cash cache found by realtor...

"The bag had $17,000 written on it, but it was subsequently determined the bag contained about $10,000".............:blink:.....:shifty:.....:hmmm::hmmm:
Good He turned it in... but who knows what WAS in the bag...

Well that would b nice!
Think that would be a fun job as a building insp. ,except for going in the spider and mouse infested crawl spaces...:nah:

A find like that is what keeps cache hunters hunting.... RickO

i agree, no spiders or crawl spaces for me!
and i suppose an actual cache hunter would have been a bit more discrete about making this find. heck... the front page of the paper! :facepalm::dash2::lol3:
it's not like he found some missing and rare diamonds that he'd would have had trouble getting rid of..... :twisted:

Pete

"The bag had $17,000 written on it, but it was subsequently determined the bag contained about $10,000".............:blink:.....:shifty:.....:hmmm::hmmm:
Good He turned it in... but who knows what WAS in the bag...

If someone stole $7000.00, they would surely steal the other $10K!

I tried to access that link and sign up to see the newspaper article but wasn't allowed to. So the realtor found 17,000 in a house. Where in the house was it located? Thanks!

yeah, same thing with me too. i don't know if that paper only keeps the pages online for a certain period of time or what the story is with that. (it did work when i initially posted it)

to re-cap that story from memory: a realitor and a building inspector were checking out a house in Halifax, either just prior to selling it, or just after it was sold and they found a shopping bag hidden in the ceiling full of $20's. although the bag had $17,000 written on it, it only contained about 10 thousand.
they turned it over to the police and i'm sure they'll investigate and try to determine who the rightful owner is.
i haven't heard anything about it since that story was printed, so i don't know the final outcome.

Pete

Turning it over to the police might not be such a bad idea (the front page is). As a rule, after a specified period of time, if no claim is made on the money it reverts to the finder. Remember current currency is not treasure trove.

The one thing I wouldn't do is provide an accurate count, or information on the location. Make the claimant identify it.

The one thing I wouldn't do is provide an accurate count, or information on the location. Make the claimant identify it.

I was thinking the same thing.

Why give the information in order for a story teller to stake a claim.

My guess though is the PD can have a reason to claim it as evidence or some such thing. Never know but money makes people do things you would never expect from them.

Good find for them, hope they get something. If the owner claims it I'd hope a reward would be forthcoming.

Well that would b nice!
Think that would be a fun job as a building insp. ,except for going in the spider and mouse infested crawl spaces...:nah:

Ahhh, Comeon Grampy....Where's the spirit of adventure in that? Why, you can sign up with an Army recruiter, become a first class tunnel rat and mice and spiders will be the least of your concerns. :lol: Be all you can be!

Back
Top Bottom