• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hello - Noob in the woods

Custom300

Good morning, and thanks for adding me to the Forum. Very new to metal detecting. I live in central Illinois. I've been poking around the forum in the dark, doing my research and learning, and I decided to jump in to be a part of the conversation.

Currently, I have a Fisher F22 and that's about the extent of it. Like I said, very new to this and waiting for spring to hit so I can go out and find my first target. Looking for any advice and tips from you seasoned detector veterans to make this hobby a fun one.

Thanks again and I look forward to the conversation.

Jamie "Custom300"

Read your owners manual several times. Practice digging no trace plugs in your yard. When you get good at plugs, hit your local parks, playgrounds, schools, curb strips, and private property permissions. Report back, we want to see what you find!

Do Not get discouraged when you dig and dig and dig and its 99 percent trash. BTDT. But once I learned the machine I Love it and detecting. It takes a while to learn a machine and understand what it is telling you. Welcome to the forum and hopefully spring is just around the corner.

:welcome2: from the Great Black Swamp in NW Ohio! You've definitely found the right place to learn as much as you could imagine about this incredibly addictive hobby! The members of this forum are an outstanding source of information and camaraderie!

If you're interested in finding other forum members in your area, check out our new Forum Member Map, and let me know if you'd like me to add a pin for you:
**Revived** Forum Member Map

Back
Top Bottom