"Diggers" in Peshtigo

Oldmil

Not sure if anyone has posted this but the Diggers will be in Peshtigo WI detecting sites from the 1871 Peshtigo forest fire. This is from the Peshtigo Times newspaper site:

“Diggers” TV Show Is Coming To Peshtigo
Mayor Cathi Malke had a happy announcement for Peshtigo City Council at its meeting on Tuesday, May 6. The city, with its Peshtigo Fire history, will be the site for an episode or episodes of the “Diggers “ TV show to be aired nationwide on the National Geographic television channel.

“This is going to make the City of Peshtigo a destination!” she declared.

Malke said the show’s producers had called her on Monday, April 28 to ask her to help make arrangements and identify local people who can identify spots the searchers with metal detectors can seek treasures from the past.

She said there are many good possible sites on public and private property in the city. Because of the difficulties in getting DNR permission for digging on county or state property she feels they will focus on city and privately owned land. Council, by unanimous vote, approved a motion stating the “Digger” searchers are welcome on city property.

Malke said the TV crew of 10 to 12 people, including an archaeologist, will stay in the city for seven to eight days, searching, digging and filming. She asked if they would be willing to participate in some sort of community event, perhaps a picnic, and they are. Plans will be made when dates are known.

The Diggers show airs on the National Geographic Channel on Friday nights, generally at 9 p.m., but occasionally with several episodes on a single evening.

Oldmil

diggers

Gee, I dunno. I think sometimes the "diggers" act in a manner insufficiently dignified and therefore unsuitable to represent the metal detecting community at large. In short, running around shouting "roundness and nectar in the hole!" makes them look like jerks. But thats just me.

I like the premise of the show but dislike the way they act. As you said "nectar in the hole" and "roundness in the hole" gets old really quick.

The meet and greet shindig is this Saturday. This is from the Peshtigo Chamber of Commerce:

Don't Miss this Exciting Event!!

Diggers TV Show Community Event - Saturday October 11, 2014

3:00 PM

FREE Admission!

KG and Ringy will sign autographs and be available for photos.

Food and refreshments available for purchase.

Customized T-shirts will be available for purchase at Peshtigo Pharmacy or at the event.

There will be drawings for prizes.

The Diggers will be looking for artifacts from the Great Peshtigo Fire which occurred on October 8th 1871.

The show is aired on the National Geographic Channel

Oldmil

Gee, I dunno. I think sometimes the "diggers" act in a manner insufficiently dignified and therefore unsuitable to represent the metal detecting community at large. In short, running around shouting "roundness and nectar in the hole!" makes them look like jerks. But thats just me.

What is sad is, they need to find someone to find spots for them to hunt. If someone did that for you, you think you'd find less? Hell no!

Man I better gas up the Clipper and head out! :pirate2: :pirates: Anyone up for finding out where they will be hunting and salting it with zincoln's? :hornetsnest: :D Cant be that hard to find out if they're making this big of a spectacle out of it. :giggle:

copper 1980s pennies would be better.. just need a screwdriver to drop em in.

Slingshot and a handfull of BB's held together by wet toilet paper shot up at 45 degrees or better over the hunt area... :laughing:

Well they're coming to town so you might as well make the best of it. Op says city property is going to be open for them to hunt. Which means city property might be open after they leave and the hype dies down. If I were close I'd keep track of where they search so I'd know where they didn't search. The city certainly can't give them special privileges can they?

I'm not gonna lie...I watch the show only because there isn't another program like it...if there was one with some old guy swinging an early radio shack MD finding zinlincs all day I'd opt to watch it...don't get me wrong..I'd get excited about some of the things they find...but the drama they bring to the show is ridiculous...until they offer something else I'm stuck waiting to hear about some dude yelling about roundness in his hole...::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom