Tokeny-Coiny Thing, Whatisit?

PrussianBleu

Found the other day, rings a 12.30 on the CTX. Note the denticles around the rim. It's just a teeny bit smaller than a Nickel, any guesses? PXL_20210414_012212447.jpgPXL_20210414_012224190.jpgPXL_20210414_012235476.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

In the 3rd photo when I enlarged it it seemed I could make out several of the letters of America. Otherwise I thought maybe an early slot machine token.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

All good suggestions! I was hoping for Braided Hair Half Cent, but it doesn't ring nearly high enough sadly. Not to mention, it definitely doesn't sound like copper if you it on a hard surface.

All good suggestions! I was hoping for Braided Hair Half Cent, but it doesn't ring nearly high enough sadly. Not to mention, it definitely doesn't sound like copper if you it on a hard surface.

About the only coin/coin like objects I dig that have blisters raised on them like yours are v nickels and aluminum tokens and with that beaded rim I don't think it's a v nickel.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

Could it possibly be a Civil War token? I found an 1863 CW token a few weeks ago, and it is a little smaller than a nickel. I see you've found one too. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom