Bank owned lots?

Ohiodigger

Elite Member
How does one get permission to hunt bank owned houses and lots? Heck what about just the curb strips....should I try to get permission or just hit and get out of there? Got several bank owned foreclosures in and around here.....
I'm not normally a hit and run hunter...but for a 10 minute curb strip is it worth the hassle?

For any property I don't own, if I don't have permission, I don't hunt it. Period. I don't care how run down or abandoned it is. This hobby is a lot more enjoyable when your not looking over your shoulder.

.... .but for a 10 minute curb strip is it worth the hassle?

What hassle ? That someone might gripe ? I have long since given up thinking I will please every last person in the world. And yes, a nice barber dime is worth any "hassle". I don't have any hassles hunting curb strips as a norm. But ... sure, anything's possible . A 747 might crash on your house tomorrow, etc...

I meant worth the hassle of going to the bank....speaking to the manager....I think on this one I'm just gonna hit em and go on...

..The Bank dont really 'own' them...nobody does, theres no clear title to be found anywhere....They were bundled and split and sold off to municipal retirement programs and 401ks and such...so, basically, we own them!..and as an owner of sorts, you have my permission...just print this out and bring it along with you if anybody gives you any sass...:laughing:
Mud

....so, basically, we own them!..and as an owner of sorts, you have my permission...just print this out and bring it along with you if anybody gives you any sass...:laughing:
Mud
I'll make sure to tell the cops you said I have permission :laughing::laughing:

I meant worth the hassle of going to the bank....speaking to the manager....I think on this one I'm just gonna hit em and go on...

oh, ok. Well, the "hassle" that you would get, is probably that no one on the local bank level is authorized to say "yes" (and would perhaps not even know what you're talking about). So your question would get passed up the chain, to phone message machines where no one returns your call, or refers you to yet-another-person (legal dept's etc....). And in the end, you would no doubt get the safe answer.

Thus Mud & I grant you permission. It's the least we can do for our fellow brethren in the hobby, since we own all the foreclosed homes in the USA. Just send us 50% of all your finds, is the only requirement :)

Come to think of it, with a cordless drill you could own that place! Squatters have rights! Cops cant press charges if theres no defined owner around who suffered any offense..
Although, the best gig now a days is being a 'property mgr.' for these abandoned and foreclosed upon homes..a guy gets paid and can do whatever he wants! This World is a funny and dangerous place, the secret to it all seems to be timing...
Mud

How does one get permission to hunt bank owned houses and lots? Heck what about just the curb strips....should I try to get permission or just hit and get out of there? Got several bank owned foreclosures in and around here.....
I'm not normally a hit and run hunter...but for a 10 minute curb strip is it worth the hassle?

I hit abandoned houses all the time in my community, and bank foreclosure.Never had any problems.

What hassle ? That someone might gripe ? I have long since given up thinking I will please every last person in the world. And yes, a nice barber dime is worth any "hassle". I don't have any hassles hunting curb strips as a norm. But ... sure, anything's possible . A 747 might crash on your house tomorrow, etc...

Funny seeing you here! Thats rare!

For any property I don't own, if I don't have permission, I don't hunt it. Period. I don't care how run down or abandoned it is. This hobby is a lot more enjoyable when your not looking over your shoulder.

All that needs to be said on the topic, no need to twist and bend words, if you don't own it, get permission because someone or some company does, and NO ONE here can tell you otherwise...period.

All that needs to be said on the topic, no need to twist and bend words, if you don't own it, get permission because someone or some company does, and NO ONE here can tell you otherwise...period.

Agreed. Most posts on this subject translate to "I know its wrong but hopefully everyone will say go for it to make it seem ok."

Bank properties no one will probably care, push come to shove play dumb, or be crazy. I had a friend who always carried the junk in one place and the goodies a lot of times in his sock. People would ask what he's doing and he starts ranting about how cool pull tabs and 22 shells are and how they really tell the history of America and leave him alone.

Charlie

And this is how the hobby gets it's undesirable reputation... It's still privately own property. I walk by a few homes everyday, look like nobody lives there, most of the year... Somebody's vacation home, used maybe once a year.

Eventually foreclosed homes get sold, or at least people come out to look at them, what happens then?

We aren't the only type of treasure hunters either, who look at these types of properties, for personal profits. Scrap metal prices go high, some get a little crazy on where the acquire the !!!!. They aren't doing their hobby an favors either... I would want to be the guy, hunting a bank owned home, that had been gutted for scrap metal.

Guess for some people, knowing it's risky, and getting away with it, adds enjoyment and excitement to the adventure. Coming up with a good line, and talking your way out of a sticky situation proves your smart and clever. Wonder how much fun it is, when a neighbor calls in suspicious behavior...

Back
Top Bottom