A Bucketlister that I had never even dreamed of finding.

BlackRain

Elite Member
This coin was so far out of my mind that when I uncovered it it took me a good 15 seconds staring at it to realize what I had found. Not only is it my oldest coin ever it is my first Seated, and it is a Half dime! To top that off it was found on a civil war battlefield! The finds from this hunt justify every hour and every dollar that i have ever spent on this hobby. I am still smiling and haven't even shared the bullets and relics yet [emoji6]
0784a8d8eefb31e3cb256eab4ba55358.jpg
0fdac268ffd0d214c5293ec279391d75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cool

The gold rush of 1849 drove gold prices down with the influx of gold and silver prices spiked

Silver prices dropped in 1853 and all pre 1853 coins were worth more than face value

A cool 😎 find good luck on a belt plate or breast plate

Congrats on a tough tough find.
Still waiting for mine as well.......I did manage a 3 center last year....I'd imagine they're about the same size and signal......So what state did you find this coin in then?

I've only found 1 half dime so far, 3 years younger than yours, and I would of sworn I was chasing around a .22 casing trying to find that thing even with the pointer locked onto it. Took me what seemed like forever to get it out of the dirt. Since i rang up simliar to a small shell I've spent countess hours digging up tons of .22 casing in the same area but no luck in finding it a mate. Congrats, I know mine is probably my favorite coin I've found so far.

That was one of a kind find right there!
My great grandparents came from around Pea Ridge, I would love to get to hunt that battle site. Good luck finding more stuff.....you no there just might be another half out there :grin:

Amazing find! Can't wait to see what else you pull out of that battlefield!

awesome score, just found my first half dime this past friday. They sure don't sound like silver when your beeping em.

Back
Top Bottom