keep eyes peeled

smg

A member of the numismatic society put into circulation a 1909S wheatie, and two other valuable wheat pennies, out in the general public so check your change, Also they have found some 2004 wisconson quarters that are mint errors, It said they can't figure out how it happed , but there is an extra leaf on the ear of corn and some markings in that area. I guess they are going for 600 big ones at auction, so check every time your handed that bit o' cad from the store , who knows who will find it. Probably someone who doesn't even realize what they have. smg

Actually, one of those is an IH cent (1908-S). Read about it two days ago.

One of these days I need to go through the 20lbs of pennies I have. cladius.

the last time they put out the 1909svdb, it was recovered in change in california. They do this periodically to keep interest in coin collecting and checking change..............

good old Scott Travers, bought a water and paid in change for it. He wrote that new book a Coin Collector's Survival Handbook. I don't know who else out there has Comcast internet, but there is a video about the penny on there.

Thats right Oakie, I couldn't remember which others there were I think one is a 1914 also, but i could be wrong, Jeez I have a 1909, but it isn't an S, When I saw it I about croaked. I also have a uncirculated 1943, which I will post one of these days as soon as I can figure out this new camera. It should make the finds allot clearer. smg

Back
Top Bottom