Bought a 14k necklace for 1$

bigstemz

Banned
At the flee market today I was going threw a box of junk stuff at one booth. Happened upon a very nice looking gold necklace. Flipped it over and saw the 14k hallmark :shock:. Asked the guy how much for it, fingers crossed he wouldn't come and inspect it. He says one buck, SOLDDD! Looks good and feels good, Only thing that has me worried is is stamped 14k and only acid tests to 10k. I bet it's one of those rip off chains to doop someone. If its 10k I just made 800$. I'm gonna send it to ara tomorrow morning. !

Attachments

• Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 009.JPG
    Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 009.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 719
  • Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 010.JPG
    Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 010.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 714
  • Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 011.JPG
    Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 011.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 719
What, no picture? Come on now, don't be teasing us. If it's that great we want to drool over it first. LOL Congrats on a great bargin. I hope it's the real deal. : )

got pics up, lol sorry guys. So what do you think real or fake? Its got good weight and color. Im not 100% sold yet, maybe about 70%. Weighs around 40g

I say REAL until proven otherwise! Could your acid be getting old the reason it only tested to 10K? You might just want to have this one tested by a good jeweler. My fingers are crossed that it's 14K like it says. What a bargin you fell into if it is. : )

i guess my acid could be getting old. But id think that if it was getting old that it would get weaker, and not stronger. Maybe I will have a jeweler look at it before i just melt it. ;)

10k or 14k either way you got it for a $1!! Thats a nice paid day in my book!!

I need to hit some of these places in LA. Nice find - hope ARA blesses you with a nice check.

Yeah I hope they do to. I didn't get to the post office today but I'm gonna mail it tomorrow for sure! I used to look for gold jewelry at flee markets and yard sales all the time. Now when I have stopped mostly, I find something . . . . Go figure :lol:

Got it mailed out today. Fingers crossed that it's real. I had a bunch of ppl look at it and they all thought it was real as well. I really went at it with the acid and it passed 10k every time . . . Here's to hoping!

You will definetly get more than one dollar back, so it is a great score either way :cool:

Back
Top Bottom