• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Cash w/ Cell - My 1st! (DOUBLE UPDATE)

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Went last Thursday on a 4 hour hunt. Conditions have been pretty much been sanded in for about a month. With all the stress I have been under this summer I just needed to get out. Although I have found my share of cell phones, this is the 1st time that I found one with some cash and an ID under the cover. The ID was already mailed back to Sweet Home Alabama (sans cash of course! :pirate2:). Gonna see how much a completely toasted late model Samsung will sell for on Ebay. I have been back to work already for almost 2 weeks but tomorrow is when the kiddies show up. I can't wait! :blink:

Attachments

• 8-15-19.jpg
    8-15-19.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 835
  • 8-15-19 cell.jpg
    8-15-19 cell.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 809
Last edited:
good catch gotta love cash,all I've been finding is change bottle caps and those vap thingies. really need to get in the water but man it's hard pulling targets out of the water.i think fee-bay is your best bet on that phone .good-luck

Why didn't you send them at least the Felix pennies... Maybe they would have sent you some cookies or something.. :yes:

Good to see you got in a final hoopla before facing the little guys..:bouncie:

Why didn't you send them at least the Felix pennies... Maybe they would have sent you some cookies or something.. :yes:
Will you send me some cookies if I send you a roll of Felix pennies? In fact, I think that would be a great idea! You could give one to Bruce and Mark and some of the other NE guys. "Here is a genuine Felix penny dug by Felix himself". I think your level of popularity would just skyrocket! :lol:

Will you send me some cookies if I send you a roll of Felix pennies? In fact, I think that would be a great idea! You could give one to Bruce and Mark and some of the other NE guys. "Here is a genuine Felix penny dug by Felix himself". I think your level of popularity would just skyrocket! :lol:

Stop lying... you would never give up those garbage coins... but if you did... could you add your autograph on the roll.. maybe then I can throw them on fleabay and get $500 a roll for them :laughing:

Send me 8 rolls so I can finance my Manta without having to take any of my money out of the bank :D

:?: What you talkin' 'bout Willis, that's a Samsung Galaxy S9+?

Haha, I meant one of the 5 in cash. Looks like one of the older ones from atleast the 90s.

I got one of those s9 phones a couple months ago. The battery bloated up and cracked the back so I pulled it apart and cut the battery out since it’s wired. I almost threw the phone out but I might throw on an auction site for parts. I’d be happy if I got 20 bucks for it, yours looks much nicer.

Tracking You

Wright now, newer models have internal batteries, you mailed the ID back, tring to sell that phone who you know who it belongs to , and pocket the cash, I would have used the 10 bucks for shipping the phone & ID back , the reason I had for a reward, I acted quick, the guy was still here , do what you wish, but if the man shows up :police::police::police::police::police: , takes you away , you were a bad pirate :laughing::hide::jail: someone get me out of here :shock::lol::lol::pirates: PS Felix don't worry , you can alway's use those crusted zincon's for bail :yes:;)

Last edited:
Wright now, newer models have internal batteries, you mailed the ID back, tring to sell that phone who you know who it belongs to , and pocket the cash, I would have used the 10 bucks for shipping the phone & ID back , the reason I had for a reward, I acted quick, the guy was still here , do what you wish, but if the man shows up :police::police::police::police::police: , takes you away , you were a bad pirate :laughing::hide::jail: someone get me out of here :shock::lol::lol::pirates: PS Felix don't worry , you can alway's use those crusted zincon's for bail :yes:;)
Seems like the 'internal" battery became a "semi-external" one! Nobody's going to show up for this phone Earl and it was worthless to its owner.

Attachments

• 20190818_161440.jpg
    20190818_161440.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 504
  • 20190818_161404.jpg
    20190818_161404.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 482
So, let me get this right...you found identifiable property, ie a cell phone, with ID and cash inside the case, and you pocket the $$ and phone (even if it is toast) and only returned the ID?

It would have cost what, $3 to return everything?

And the forum makes this a "featured" post. Sad.

So, let me get this right...you found identifiable property, ie a cell phone, with ID and cash inside the case, and you pocket the $$ and phone (even if it is toast) and only returned the ID?

It would have cost what, $3 to return everything?

And the forum makes this a "featured" post. Sad.
I used to be a moral and upstanding citizen but years of mainly posting in the Beach & Water Hunting section have warped and corrupted my thinking. :pirate2:

Back
Top Bottom