Electrolysis question

Jose159

What do you guys and gals recommend for a battery charger for electrolysis? I am finding the manual(non smart) chargers hard to find. What are the best options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 327
I do a lot of electrolysis and I found using a bench voltage generator is a much easier solution than tracking down a battery charger. It also gives you the option to really control the electricity. I run very slow and low on small or fragile items, higher amps on big stuff.

One like this, just figure out what size you want
Limited-time deal: Kungber DC Power Supply Variable, 30V 10A Adjustable Switching Regulated DC Bench Linear Power Supply with 4-Digits LED Power Display 5V/2A USB Output, Coarse and Fine Adjustments with Alligator Leads https://a.co/d/3y0iIYM

I do a lot of electrolysis and I found using a bench voltage generator is a much easier solution than tracking down a battery charger. It also gives you the option to really control the electricity. I run very slow and low on small or fragile items, higher amps on big stuff.

Limited-time deal: Kungber DC Power Supply Variable, 30V 10A Adjustable Switching Regulated DC Bench Linear Power Supply with 4-Digits LED Power Display 5V/2A USB Output, Coarse and Fine Adjustments with Alligator Leads https://a.co/d/3y0iIYM

What is the voltage you normally use? The battery chargers are always 6v. or 12v. I realize that the amps can be adjusted for the size of the item but I am not quite sure what to set the voltage at.. Thanks in advance

What is the voltage you normally use? The battery chargers are always 6v. or 12v. I realize that the amps can be adjusted for the size of the item but I am not quite sure what to set the voltage at.. Thanks in advance

Without going super techie, my voltage usually falls between 6v and 12v. I focus on the amps since that is what is really driving the process. "fast" for me is running about 6 amps, slow is maybe 2-3amps. When you use the machine like i posted your voltage will vary as you adjust the amps and the resistance provided by the item and water.

Without going super techie, my voltage usually falls between 6v and 12v. I focus on the amps since that is what is really driving the process. "fast" for me is running about 6 amps, slow is maybe 2-3amps. When you use the machine like i posted your voltage will vary as you adjust the amps and the resistance provided by the item and water.

Thats exactly what I needed to know..Thanks!

What is your choice material for anodes?

What is your choice material for anodes?

I usually use a metal bucket sitting inside of a plastic bucket (in case of leaks). I hang the item in the bucket to keep the connection even all the way around. It stops me from having to check and rotate everything constantly to make it even. For big iron I can't hang, I will just throw a stick of rebar in a tub with it. You can buy short sections of rebar at home depot, I think they are 18" sticks.

here's a link where I have the setup
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=282366

electrolysis

Hi, my question is how to go about disposing of the water and gunk. Do you separate the water? I thought you mentioned it in a post, but cann't find it again. Thanks HH Jerry

I have an old radio CB transformer & use it for small jobs, like a gallon water or less. There was 2 types in those days, one regulator type [13.8 volts] & another with out regulator [16 to 18 volts] - both has ~ 2 amps. I have both but use the un-regulator most. I've had mine for 30 or 40 years from the CB days LOL

I have used an old leftover charger for my cell phone. Worked great. Just soldered on alligator clamps after cutting off the USB adapter.

Back
Top Bottom