Upgrading!

BIG PAPA

Hi everyone! I have been hunting with a Garrett Ace 350 for a couple of years now and I am thinking about upgrading to something bigger and better. I have been reading about the Nokta Fors core and the fors relic and I think I would like one or the other but I can't decide. I hunt a lot of very trashy places like old parks and fairgrounds. I don't hunt any one thing, I just dig good signals and see what I get. I really like what I have read about the Relic but I want to make sure that it will be good for coin hunting as well as relics. Thanks for any advice you all may have! Seth

I definitely see your points. I should have added that I intend to keep and use the ace 350. But I think I need something to detect the iron fields. I have one spot that sounds like one giant iron signal with every swing. Lol! Maybe not upgrade so much as adding to the detector arsenal

I definitely see your points. I should have added that I intend to keep and use the ace 350. But I think I need something to detect the iron fields. I have one spot that sounds like one giant iron signal with every swing. Lol! Maybe not upgrade so much as adding to the detector arsenal

I'd recommend an XLT. I shoulda just stuck with what works instead of falling for the hype

I personally prefer the makro racer designs over the Nokta's (same company)but both are excellent value iron machines.

May also consider a Teknetics T2 classic or Fisher F75.

I think the biggest bang for your buck as far as a machine that hunts well in iron is the DEUS. Granted it is more expensive but even with the Deus lite you get alot for your $ (around $650). 4 frequencies, light weight, cordless, you will not find a better machine in iron hands down! It has a 5 year warranty and even if it looks a little frail, it is one tough machine? you can later get the remote unit and make the detector even more versitile.
If you have your heart set on the Fores Relic, we have a member named TNsharpshooter who is pretty knowledgable in this units and I am sure will chime in soon on thier capabilities. Good luck in your search for a new machine.

Thanks for the reply! I have looked at the Deus a bit. A friend of mine has one and loves it. I wasn't sure of the capability of the Deus lite. If you have the control on the stick, does it display target id or just the settings? Choppadude, where in the Twin tiers are you located? I'm between Hammondsport and Watkins Glen.

Thanks for the reply! I have looked at the Deus a bit. A friend of mine has one and loves it. I wasn't sure of the capability of the Deus lite. If you have the control on the stick, does it display target id or just the settings? Choppadude, where in the Twin tiers are you located? I'm between Hammondsport and Watkins Glen.

I am right down the road in Corning

Hi everyone! I have been hunting with a Garrett Ace 350 for a couple of years now and I am thinking about upgrading to something bigger and better. I have been reading about the Nokta Fors core and the fors relic and I think I would like one or the other but I can't decide. I hunt a lot of very trashy places like old parks and fairgrounds. I don't hunt any one thing, I just dig good signals and see what I get. I really like what I have read about the Relic but I want to make sure that it will be good for coin hunting as well as relics. Thanks for any advice you all may have! Seth

You have some choices available.

Depends on your budget and or how much you want to spend.

For coins and relics, Fisher Fisher 75,, Makro Racer 2 are 2 good choices.
White's MXT a good choice.

Just remember hunting in severe iron and nails,,a smaller coil will help.

Deus is a good choice as well.
I wouldn't recommend a Deus lite though,,IMO a person needs the remote to be all they can be with the detector.

This is not to say a person can't find things with the Deusl lite setup.

Some good units used do come up for sale. Can allow a person to get into a higher priced detector setup cheaper usually than buying new,

My brother btw uses a ace 350 some,,I been around when he was using it,,and I used it briefly.
We did compare some targets.too.

As far as Nokta relic goes--- leans more to the relic side,,lower conductors.
Can find coins,,but an operator is restricted by how tones can be set up vs say a Makro racer 2 or Deus.

Good luck whatever you decide.

I upgraded from an Ace 350 to the Makro Racer 2 about 7 months ago. I could not be happier! Use the Racer 2 as is right out of the box, or change settings that other machines in that price range do not allow, grab a tiny OOR coil, and go to the trashiest areas other detectors tried and clean them out. detectingMO will set you up with a great deal no matter which way you go. Contact him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Makro Racer series is really good in the iron. I have used both of the Racers, and the Racer 2 is a much better detector for the coin hunter. Also living in NY you probably will get to the ocean. The Racer 2 will perform very well in the wet sand. Hunting in iron requires a machine that was designed for it. It also requires patience and an understanding of the detector you are using. What ever you decide good luck to you. Deus, Racer 2, F75. All good detectors in skilled hands.

Well now I'm looking more towards the Racer 2. So many choices! So now I have another question. I see the Racer 2 and the Fors Core both have Pro packages, R2 comes with 2 coils and the Core comes with 3 for 100 bucks less. Is the R2 a better machine overall? Deus full version is out of my price range and I'm still looking at the other machines you all suggested. Thanks again!

Well now I'm looking more towards the Racer 2. So many choices! So now I have another question. I see the Racer 2 and the Fors Core both have Pro packages, R2 comes with 2 coils and the Core comes with 3 for 100 bucks less. Is the R2 a better machine overall? Deus full version is out of my price range and I'm still looking at the other machines you all suggested. Thanks again!

See my post above your last one

The gent selling btw is a reputable person.

I selected the Makro line over the Nokta line only because I like making quick changes with my thumb to check targets I find. I didn't want to have turn turn the machine up on its side and tie up both hands to make quick changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Choice

Go with your gut feeling, jumping around trying to choose what Detector is best for you can be frustrating. Every body has there opinion, I will say that those opinions are correct because they spent the time to master their Detector. "Nokta" Have great dept penetration.
The key with any metal detector is mastering it. Learn the machine, do your research on Hunting area and you will be fine
dennis

Back
Top Bottom