Noise Canceling Headphones?

Diggum

Elite Member
Looks like I just missed out on an awesome deal on some noise canceling Sony headphones. Makes me wonder: Is anyone using noise canceling phones, and do they work well? I'm thinking they should be great to isolate you and help with hearing those really faint sounds, but I wonder if it wouldn't work in reverse and potentially cancel out faint signals as outside noises are "filtered". What's your experience?

Looks like I just missed out on an awesome deal on some noise canceling Sony headphones. Makes me wonder: Is anyone using noise canceling phones, and do they work well? I'm thinking they should be great to isolate you and help with hearing those really faint sounds, but I wonder if it wouldn't work in reverse and potentially cancel out faint signals as outside noises are "filtered". What's your experience?

If you want isolation and have a volume control, look into Etymotic Resarch Mc5 or Hf5. They are not cheap, but not outrageous either and you will find NOTHING that isolates as well or is as accurate in the price range. The other thing I like about in-ears is you put one in tight and the other loose. This gives you great sound, but you can still hear what is going on around your.. Want to shut that outside off, just push it in the rest of the way.. I have an older pair of ER6is that they no longer make I use with my MD and a pair of hf2 I use with my phone.. would work with the MD as well if you wanted one set for both activities. http://www.etymotic.com/

Back
Top Bottom