Raffle Contest Idea

Adirondack AL

Elite Member
I buy these raffle tickets every year to help support our local hunting clubs [they sell them to help pay their dues/taxes] and I buy them for a chance to win some cool prizes. For instance all the prizes on one of my tickets come from Dick's Sporting Goods.
I thought wow this would be a great format for winning some cool metal detected related equipment. We could have sponsors set it up possibly and it would be guaranteed sales for them. All prizes would more than likely have to be shipped so that would also have to be kept in mind as far as all proceeds going back out to the winners.
I will post a photo of the raffle ticket that I have and let you guys use your imagination of what the prizes could be..:lol:

I'm not trying to sell anything, it's just an idea I had! All I want is to buy a few tickets every year, make this an annual contest. With all the members we have here I think the tickets would sell easy enough.

Thanks for any input on this idea!

AL

Attachments

• DSCN2727.jpg
    DSCN2727.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 405
Sorry, but after careful consideration, we decided raffles should not be allowed here.

It might be a good idea for a free raffle..no money exchanging hands so its not gambling...with the thousands of people on here it might work..i don't know if we have unique numbers for our comments but if that was the case then we'd have a raffle based on from numbers at the start of the year till the end...

The more you comment the more numbers you have...or start a raffle page with each comment given a number from 1 to 500 and when 500 are reached the number is then chosen using a random number generator and that person wins...no money, fun, no wasted comments included and no more then 5 comments for the page.

each comment given a number from 1 to 500 and when 500 are reached the number is then chosen using a random number generator and that person wins...no money, fun, no wasted comments included and no more then 5 comments for the page.

Code:
Public Class Form1

Private Sub btnStart_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnStart.Click

'vars
        Dim x As New Random
        Dim intCount As Integer
        Dim intRand As Integer

For intCount = 1 To 500
            intRand = x.Next(1, 500)
        Next

lblDisplay.Text = "Ticket number " & intRand & " is the winner!"

End Sub

End Class

bit ironic i already have a RNG coded for a lotto on a MMORPG i used to play lol

Code:
Public Class Form1

Private Sub btnStart_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnStart.Click

'vars
        Dim x As New Random
        Dim intCount As Integer
        Dim intRand As Integer

For intCount = 1 To 500
            intRand = x.Next(1, 500)
        Next

lblDisplay.Text = "Ticket number " & intRand & " is the winner!"

End Sub

End Class

bit ironic i already have a RNG coded for a lotto on a MMORPG i used to play lol

Reminds me a bit of the old basic code :-

I = 1 to 500, next I (delay timer)

GDT Raffle

I have a GREAT Raffle on my site!

I'm getting it ramped up, please check it out, its very easy, you win no matter what when you earn points and thats really easy.

GDT

Back
Top Bottom