ENDED 24 hour hunt best trash thread!

Utahoutdoors

Please review the rules on the original thread and then post you best trash find on this page.

Good luck and I hope you win the Merc! (Only one winner, in case of a tie, the person who posted first will win. Hunt end June 8th at 11:59 PM Mountain time. Please post pictures and stories by the 9th. Voting ends on the 13th.

Good luck!

Here is a picture of the dime and the Morgan !

23024E04-D32F-45F6-A256-99553A758FF3-1006-000000C1CB11137F_zpse8ae84bc.jpg

What do you mean by "best trash find"? Ultimately, the item would end up in the trash and not in a scrap bin right?

What do you mean by "best trash find"? Ultimately, the item would end up in the trash and not in a scrap bin right?

Just post up a photo from your 24 hunt trash and the members here will vote on it. I don't know what will win, it could be a single trash item or a pile.

http://i62.tinypic.com/o7k5y9.jpg
2i0ekgh.jpg

I started the hunt on Sunday, June 1 at about 12:00 in the afternoon and ended my hunt a little after 5:00... I spent over 5 hours detecting not counting the time spent walking to the woods which is about two hours longer than what I normally do. My goal was to hunt until I got tired of it... I was already sore from a long hunt the day before so I didn't know how long I would last. But just being outside in the forest was nice in itself and I was doing good on the clad so I kept going until I got hungry. I dug everything besides iron signals but I was pretty lenient on the bottlecaps. Picked up lots of wadded up gum wrappers that were on the surface or just barely covered... oddly enough none had gum in them. Unfortunately I still did end up digging a good amount of foil. Still working on telling the difference between pulltabs, foil, and nickels... Even if I could know with 99% certainty I had a pulltab I still don't think I'd be able to leave it though. Plenty of bottlecaps. Somewhat amused by the Shock Top twist off caps that were opened with a bottle opener. I know 15 pulltabs probably doesn't sound like a lot for those of you who have dug up 100+ in a day but the area I detected is kept surprisingly clean considering what goes on on the weekends. I was going to pick up a glass bottle to toss on my way out but a group that was leaving beat me too it; nice to see other people picking up trash that wasn't theirs.

I sometimes feel a bit silly when my roommates see me posing trash on my desk and taking pictures of it but I've always liked showing everything I've found. I still consider every bit of metal I pullout of the ground a success. Anyways, this is my entry! :D

Back
Top Bottom