Been a While...

Way to triumph! Not following the crowd, but waiting until they're out of the way.

"There won't be anything left there! Two guys with Minelabs worked it over thoroughly, yesterday! You might have better luck in that other cut, over there." :laughing:

Well, when my first three targets where shredded aluminum, a pull-tab, and a zinc penny, I knew today was not going to be like yesterday. It's amazing what one tide cycle can do, especially since the water has only gotten calmer. After 1 hour, I had only found two green coins. The water was pretty much over head because of the tide, so I'm going to come back later on this afternoon and give it another shot.

Nice hunting scoundrel... I used to follow those Excal guys and clean up what they left years ago... now I joined them but for different reasons :D

Attachments

• IMG_20180420_121747.jpg
    IMG_20180420_121747.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 67
You've been carrying that in your pocket for a whole year?

Coming to the picnic next week?

Well, when my first three targets where shredded aluminum, a pull-tab, and a zinc penny, I knew today was not going to be like yesterday. It's amazing what one tide cycle can do, especially since the water has only gotten calmer. After 1 hour, I had only found two green coins. The water was pretty much over head because of the tide, so I'm going to come back later on this afternoon and give it another shot.

May be what it takes is to figure out what its doing? The hole me and my old hunting partner used to do good at if you timed it wrong you may not hear a signal. Current start running through the trough we'd start hearing aluminum and zincs blowing by our coils. Then the heavy stuff showed up. The wrong person hunting there would never know anything was there. We used to only hunt one direction with the current and when one was in the water the other was walking back to drop back in the trough again. Then it would shut back off and we'd go home until the next tide. If we saw a yellow rope start sticking out the ground we knew we were gonna do really well. Storm demolished the beach and even the rope is gone these days:no:

Back
Top Bottom