EQ headphones

As an Old Plumber I would like to suggest a flat rubber washer or snug "O" ring seal instead of TT in the threads. The plug that closes that port when the machine is delivered has a perfect rubber seal that works.

CJ

I did a few years as a plumber as well lol. The M12 does have that flat bottom which connects with the seal pretty well. flat rubber might not be bad..... problem with the O ring is not all are good..... they break down and split in salt water... and some even will squirt out if you tighten them down to tight. We dont seem to understand the words...... finger tight :lol: What ever works to keep any small sand or water out is a good thing.

Let me share a little something else about headphones. If someone wants to tag along....... you can run a pair of blue tooth phones as well as those plugged in at the same time. I tested that today and im not sure that the manual mentioned that. I have a grandson who would love tagging alone....... now he can hear what i hear....... and dig what i dont want to.:laughing: How long before he catches on?:lol:

Dew

Last edited:
Let me share a little something else about headphones. If someone wants to tag along....... you can run a pair of blue tooth phones as well as those plugged in at the same time. I tested that today and im not sure that the manual mentioned that. I have a grandson who would love tagging alone....... now he can hear what i hear....... and dig what i dont want to.:laughing: How long before he catches on?:lol:

Dew

That is funny. So what is your thought on these phones? You think they will be good to dive with?

Dew what happens when you let him dig a Gold Ring that you did not consider to be a target worth digging? One Sad Granddad and One elated youngster

Ill do what any good pirate would do..... take him to my bucket of junk rings and swap him.:laughing::laughing::laughing: Nothing personal...... just pirate business.

SD.... thats a question you might want to ask Tony. They seemed well sealed...... but no drain holes. Also depends on depth .... but then i dont need to tell you.

Dew

Sounds like a great teaching tool.....:yes:

I like his phones does do great work..... but id also say if you have a pair of Joes' (ole beach nuts) phones do the jack. Simpler, cheaper and they sound good on the EQ as well.

I like his phones does do great work..... but id also say if you have a pair of Joes' (ole beach nuts) phones do the jack. Simpler, cheaper and they sound good on the EQ as well.

Yes but I thought Joe has decided on fully retiring and enjoying life instead of making anything else. I loved Joe's Skullies on my Excal.

I know most of you guys are wading but do you think there would there be any issues trying to snorkel with the Equinox and let the external speaker sound off until getting a pair of underwater headphones? Surrounding noise would be an issue but if you kept your ears underwater I think the sound would travel decently enough? :)

Yes quoting myself :p Read on another forum that the external speaker probably wouldn't work underwater. My scuba learning taught me that sound travels well underwater but I missed the audio engineering relating to the speaker cone movement and water resistance :roll: :p

Hey Dew, did you get a chance to use those bad boys in the water yet? I contacted Tony and I'm on the waiting list :)

Of course i did... next day they arrived.... i was in the water with them. Ran um a few days ..... no leaks or issues. You said he said you could dive with them... might want to ask him IF you can drill drain holes. Scuba .... you the man here, but dont you need those to keep um from kind of floating, pressure, and just to get the water out faster if any gets in there.

Yes i think Joe is done with the phones...... i happen to have a pair or two laying around he did as well as mine. Ive been using mine with the audio sear speaker with are crazy loud. Ive hear MAL maybe going to start making them...... as well as GG soon. So far i havent been able to put this machine down..... 180 hours or so now.

Of course i did... next day they arrived.... i was in the water with them. Ran um a few days ..... no leaks or issues. You said he said you could dive with them... might want to ask him IF you can drill drain holes. Scuba .... you the man here, but dont you need those to keep um from kind of floating, pressure, and just to get the water out faster if any gets in there.

Yes i think Joe is done with the phones...... i happen to have a pair or two laying around he did as well as mine. Ive been using mine with the audio sear speaker with are crazy loud. Ive hear MAL maybe going to start making them...... as well as GG soon. So far i havent been able to put this machine down..... 180 hours or so now.

I will have mine next week!! Paid for two days ago and he said they will ship no later than Saturday.

BUT, I will not know how they will perform for a little while. I refuse to freeze for gold.

I am also waiting on a lower rod so I can shorten it and put it in the upper. I will do away with the middle rod when diving. Putting the lower in the upper now still makes it way too long for me. Next week it will be ready to dive with. Just don't know how soon the weather will let me dive.

Last edited:
Thanks Dew. Sounds good. Since the Nox can't go deeper than 10ft I'm not sure how much the drain holes will be needed...guess we'll see soon enough. I'll probably be snorkeling then just bobbing down to retrieve if needed.

Thanks for the update on Tonys phones too Scuba :) sort of helps me get a better idea on my ETA being further down the list.

When I got mine Tony said he was trying to do 10pairs a week. Duh..... forgot its just 10ft..... sometimers kicked in.

When I got mine Tony said he was trying to do 10pairs a week. Duh..... forgot its just 10ft..... sometimers kicked in.

Even at 8 - 9 foot full of air will still want to make them come off your head I think. In cold weather I wear a hood. I will probably buy some sticky Velcro to put on the hood and the other side on the headphones so they don't slide off.

I will see soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom