Visiting San Diego in July

gismapper

Hi everyone...I'm going to be in San Diego for a convention in July and I'd like to try some metal detecting while I'm there. Unfortunately, I won't have a car available to me, so I would need a ride to and from a downtown hotel. I'm happy to chip in for gas.

I've never taken my detector on a plane before, so that'll be a new challenge, but I'm willing to try. Thought it would be cool to have a buddy to hunt with. I don't know what beaches would be good for hunting, so it would also be nice to have someone local who knows what's up. Land hunting would be cool too.

Here's the other disclaimer: I have an etrac, so if I'm on the beach, I'll be only working the dry and damp sand. I don't get to detect beaches much at all, so, yeah, I'm the dweeb with the pinpointer and digger on the beach. :digginahole:

If any of that sounds at all interesting to anyone, please private message me and we can work out the details. I know it's a long way off but i dont want to leave it to the last minute. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm 6 or 7 hrs. north of San Diego, but just wanted to say "welcome to CA". And in case no one's explained the rules to you yet for CA, it's quite simple: You pay me 30% of all your finds. I accept paypal.

have fun !

Thanks!

Sooooo...
If I pre-pay you, does that guarantee I'll find stuff? Count me in! :yes:

I've been to San Diego a few times for this same conference. I can't get enough fish tacos when I'm there. Never had a decent fish taco here on the east coast.

Thanks for the greeting! I'm looking forward to the trip. I really hope I can work in some detecting while I'm there.

Giving a bump...

I know...I'm raising a dead thread here, but July is getting here quick. If anyone is interested in getting together for some MD action let me know. I'll gladly work out an arrangement for a ride. Otherwise I'm stuck within walking distance of my downtown hotel room. :pullhair:

Anyone potentially interested?
Thx

Last try...

I'm packing...my flight leaves tomorrow...anyone interested? Send me a private message if you want to try to set something up. Thx!

Thx for the heads up...at this point it looks like the detector is staying home. I don't know San Diego and I didn't get any hits for a ride or company, so it's not worth a $25 uber ride to find $1.50 clad on the beach.

My flight leaves at 10:30 a.m. so unless I hear from someone soon the etrac will be hanging out in my closet until I get back.

Back
Top Bottom