Whites M6 or XLT

Timbertodd

I am considering a 2nd Whites detector to compliment my MXT that is my primary use detector. I used an XLT years ago know the M6 and XLT are different animals from one another. I would like a unit that runs differently than the MXT in freq. etc. Is the M6 very similar to the MXT? I do have a 6" coil that was given to me for an XLT or other Whites detector that is 6.59 khz.

I should also mention my focus is on detecting ball fields, parks and forested areas, freshwater lake and river banks and the very occasional ocean beach.

I would go back to the XLT if you want something a bit different. It runs at about 6.5KhZ and is a silver sniffer. The M6 (I had for years) runs at 14KhZ (same as MXT) and is like an MXT on training wheels (how I think of it).

Don't get me wrong, I loved the M6 and it served me very well, but I think you'll be able to get more out of the XLT than the M6.

If you are faithful to the White's brand, have you thought about MX Sport (waterproof to 10ft) or the Spectra V3i (3 adjustable KhZ) to adapt to your hunting conditions?

Personally, if you occasionally hunt beaches especially salt beaches the DFX might be a better option. It is an amazing simultaneous multi frequency or single frequency detector and if you are patient you can get one for less than $300!!!!! That is a steal on an outstanding detector.

Personally, if you occasionally hunt beaches especially salt beaches the DFX might be a better option. It is an amazing simultaneous multi frequency or single frequency detector and if you are patient you can get one for less than $300!!!!! That is a steal on an outstanding detector.

Thank you for responding, I will remember the DFX if I start hitting the beaches with more intensity. I have an XLT on its way and should arrive this coming Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom