Fisher Impulse AQ Limited Launch!

The Tarsacci on some beaches here in CT was difficult to quiet down. On one of my easy access beach I had to lower the sensitivity to a point that the Nox was getting the same depth on wet sand. The Tarsacci takes a lot of control on the swing to prevent falsing. The Nox is a lot more forgiven. I can cover twice as much wet sand with the same depth. When I run the the Nox with a 15" coil I can even cover more ground.

In the water, I was able to increase the sensitivity and run it quiet, and it had more depth than the NOX. But in the water, I use an Excal with a toggle switch for all metal and discriminations. In all metal I feel I got a little more depth. I also run a Whites Dual Field.

I owned it for a year and probably had 100 hours on it. It was nice machine but my style of hunting I preferred to turn on and get the gold. The Tarsacci you had to tune differently for each beach. Did I learn it the best I can, probably not but I don't regret selling it.

By the way, the Nox and the Excal was preferred over my CTX when beach hunting too. The CTX was heavy and in my opinion had no advantages of the Nox and the Excal.
Thanks for the feedback. I can appreciate people all have different styles of hunting even though it may be a great machine in it's own right. Same take I have on the Nox. It's a great machine for certain people and the conditions they hunt in. But it too , does not fit my beach hunting style. How would you compare the MDT vs the DF ?

Thanks for the feedback. I can appreciate people all have different styles of hunting even though it may be a great machine in it's own right. Same take I have on the Nox. It's a great machine for certain people and the conditions they hunt in. But it too , does not fit my beach hunting style. How would you compare the MDT vs the DF ?

I run the DF seasonally. When the beaches are out of season. I don't like digging bottle caps and pull tabs in the busy season. I'll use it in the water from Oct to around June and wait for the other hunters to dig all of the !!!!.

The DF is also forgiving once adjusted. With the MDT, I have to make adjustments in the water and then make adjustments out of the water. The DF I can do the transition without adjusting. I find both machines are not sensitive on very small aluminum. As for depth, I could not tell which is deeper. They both hit pretty deep. The beaches are in Long Island Sound and not the ocean. The sand is black sand and can be rocky.

One of the interesting things, I had a friend who found a few whisper signals with an Excal and I could not hear the target with the DF nor with MDT. The advantage of the MDT is an VDI where you can see ferrous versus non ferrous. Some of the very deep targets do get categorize as ferrous.

I can't wait for the AQ to be used here. There are a few beaches I think it can do well.

I run the DF seasonally. When the beaches are out of season. I don't like digging bottle caps and pull tabs in the busy season. I'll use it in the water from Oct to around June and wait for the other hunters to dig all of the !!!!.

The DF is also forgiving once adjusted. With the MDT, I have to make adjustments in the water and then make adjustments out of the water. The DF I can do the transition without adjusting. I find both machines are not sensitive on very small aluminum. As for depth, I could not tell which is deeper. They both hit pretty deep. The beaches are in Long Island Sound and not the ocean. The sand is black sand and can be rocky.

One of the interesting things, I had a friend who found a few whisper signals with an Excal and I could not hear the target with the DF nor with MDT. The advantage of the MDT is an VDI where you can see ferrous versus non ferrous. Some of the very deep targets do get categorize as ferrous.

I can't wait for the AQ to be used here. There are a few beaches I think it can do well.

Thanks. Must be your black sand there. The DF out here hits on tiny aluminum bits , sometimes driving me bonkers. They can sound so good ! But if there are alot in an area , I gotta move because I know it's not gonna be good. Primarily on beaches with fire rings.

Thanks. Must be your black sand there. The DF out here hits on tiny aluminum bits , sometimes driving me bonkers. They can sound so good ! But if there are alot in an area , I gotta move because I know it's not gonna be good. Primarily on beaches with fire rings.

We don't have a lot of black sand here... I used to get some on the magnet in my scoop but it was manageable.. its no ways as bad as some examples I have seen in other states...

We don't have a lot of black sand here... I used to get some on the magnet in my scoop but it was manageable.. its no ways as bad as some examples I have seen in other states...

I thought Charly mentioned black sand in long island sound. Maybe I got it wrong. Maybe also the salinity level as well ?

I thought Charly mentioned black sand in long island sound. Maybe I got it wrong. Maybe also the salinity level as well ?

I did say black. Craig knows the beaches here much better than I do. He is the master. The color is black after the first few inches before you hit clay. Maybe it is sediment. It is not magnetic where I hunt but it does affect depth. I can go to the beaches along the atlantic coast (RI, NJ, NC, FL, MD) and easily get 3+ more inches on the same machine.

We have some just not a lot... when I tried hunting on cape cod on a certain beach I couldn't get any signals through the black sand with my GT it was terrible... no way at the beaches I have hunted are anything in comparison to heavy black sand I encountered up there. It doesn't effect our VLF detectors...

Its more of silt mixed in with gravel and sand throw some mud in as well...

CFM-ct

:laughing: At least the guy got in 3 hunt's before it broke , on a roll --:jawdrop: back , real courious if they are going to replace it , or fix it , and how long is the turn around time on his machine , maybe he can post how long it take's them to repair, or replace .

$ well spent ? Not in his case. There is an inherent risk especially in a prototype or tester. Got a feeling there might be more like this. But there is a certain % that are going to do this. Look at the Nox , lots of water issues on a "waterproof" detector. Many other brands , models have had problems as well. But to drop 15 hundogs for a 3 hunter is a sick feeling....

$ well spent ? Not in his case. There is an inherent risk especially in a prototype or tester. Got a feeling there might be more like this. But there is a certain % that are going to do this. Look at the Nox , lots of water issues on a "waterproof" detector. Many other brands , models have had problems as well. But to drop 15 hundogs for a 3 hunter is a sick feeling....

All manufactures have issues. It is what they do to solve them, This person who owned this detector had a shipping label to return it in less than 2 hours.
as far as the 1500 hotdogs what did people pay for the 30-30 and had problems and how long did they wait?

Jim 53

TRUE , But since they produced only 100 Aq limited vs the % of number CTX3030's pumped out , the AQ- 1 out of 100 bad - is not good . say 5 out of 100 have issues , thats 5% :shock::shock::jawdrop::hornetsnest:

Earl... I just looked at another guy using the AQ... man for a machine that is billed as a discriminating PI these guys are sure finding a ton of trash... you can do the same thing with your Dual Field without having to spend another $1599 clams on a trash finder :laughing:

Its hilarious that it was billed that it only finds gold... its a PI it finds everything... I get it.. it was a selling point.. and the guy who said all these wonderful things has been MIA here... :lol:

In the case of the Nox....... how long was it before we even had headphones for water hunting? Ever issue was going back to Aussie land to be looked at. It seems at this point ML has opted to take a hit and replace those that go rather than fix the issue. Bean counters i guess. Not many are really getting these WATERPROOF machines as wet as we do here in the Gulf 12 months out of the year. So i dont know how much serious waterproof testing goes on.

Theres what 8 of these machines that from my understanding are being put together individually? So things do happen..... and this didnt seem to be a water issue. But i would assume Fisher will be looking carefully at the problem and until thats complete we may not see more hit the street. If Rick's prediction that we could see the production model by end of year is correct...... they best get to stepping or there wont be 100 of these handed out. Now you have to ask yourself.... are these going to be better machine since quality control and tuning is done one at a time over a production model? We have seen where later models werent as desirable. Example many like the old CZ20 with the metal cuff over the CZ21 or the Explorer II over the Explorer SE.

"Its hilarious that it was billed that it only finds gold... its a PI it finds everything... I get it.. it was a selling point.. and the guy who said all these wonderful things has been MIA here... "

If you are referring to me - I never said that the AQ finds only gold - that would be false and stupid as well. I probably did say that it has been specifically and carefully engineered to excel at finding gold jewelry at the beach.

If you were referring to someone else - then sorry to interrupt your fun.

"Its hilarious that it was billed that it only finds gold... its a PI it finds everything... I get it.. it was a selling point.. and the guy who said all these wonderful things has been MIA here... "

If you are referring to me - I never said that the AQ finds only gold - that would be false and stupid as well. I probably did say that it has been specifically and carefully engineered to excel at finding gold jewelry at the beach.

It did seem to be marketed as being a machine that had excellent discrimination abilities to rival that of any pulse machine before it. When in reality it should have been marketed as a really deep ground balancing pulse machine. I mean it is what it is, it does seem like what was said about it was very misleading vs the reality of what it is actually capable of. This is one reason I was always so opposed to the idea of this machine, there was never any real indication of what it actually did, just a lot of doctored videos of it discriminating nails. Had the later been said about it, I might have been very onboard for a deep pulse in a compact package.

Too bad it wasn't "carefully engineered " to have a battery life of more than 3 hours ! Lol..I'm just disappointed that the early videos of this thing appear to be false , based upon real reports of guys out in the wild. Like the ring with nails on surface magic trick. It was discriminating those nails out. What the heck happened there ? Maybe THE KOB really is that stupid....idk... But on the plus side Rick , you stopped talking about this machine for awile..and then it came out...which was great ! At least real guys can tinker with it and work out the bugs , since guys at the factory couldn't ? But then maybe some of these guys are actually factory guys in disguise. Like government mercenaries. But it's now out in the open for others to see.

What I am seeing though NOW is SOME transparency. Though that clarity is being shown by testers. And I like seeing what issues these guys are having ( better than me ) with them. I just hope that within the next year or so we have a dependable , solid , trustworthy machine. Or will we have just another PI machine that goes 3" deeper for 3x the cost ?

TRUE , But since they produced only 100 Aq limited vs the % of number CTX3030's pumped out , the AQ- 1 out of 100 bad - is not good . say 5 out of 100 have issues , thats 5% :shock::shock::jawdrop::hornetsnest:

Everyone quickly forgets the TDI BH condensation issues..And try send them in now..

So it appears that all the condensation inside the control housing, that is perfectly normal according to White's, has taken a toll. If I try to run the machine with the pulse delay at anything other than 10 or all the way up at 25 if has a non-stop signal falsing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWLkrct5vfw

I feel very bad for those that do own any Whites, not just the water machines. They were excellent on there customer service. RIP now

Back
Top Bottom