4 Hour Hunt Scores Me My New Oldest Coin and it's Silver.

Greek2Me

Forum Supporter
Got out today and decided to ask permission on an empty house here in town. I've hunted the empty lot next door and it was a bust, so my hopes for this house weren't too great.

Right out of the gate I started digging 6 to 7 inches deep memorials. :roll: After about an hour I get a jumpy signal on the ctx telling me it's a dime or penny, very faint and all over the penny and dime range. Anywho, I dug down about 8 inches and found my oldest coin to date, an 1842 O seated dime. Also found a three ringer and a cool button that I can't quite read and $1.68 in clad. And yes I really gotta break the bad habit of rubbing my coins with dirt on them. :(

All in all a decent day for me.

Thanks for looking!

G2M

20160316_164403_RichtoneHDR-1.jpg

20160316_164530_RichtoneHDR-1.jpg

20160316_165719_RichtoneHDR-1.jpg

20160316_165743_RichtoneHDR-1.jpg

now that you have your newest "oldest" coin you really set the bar high for a new oldie to try and beat.Congrats on finding your piece of history.

Congrats on the Seated dime and 3 ringer. I have yet to dig either! I was hoping last Sundays Barber dime was a seated when I saw the back. It was really close to where I dug my seated half dime. Congrats again on some awesome digs!!!

4 Hour Hunt

Nice variety of finds!:yes: Congratulations on the seated dime. Glad you decided to dig that "iffy" signal. It sure paid off. And yes, you need to be careful when removing dirt from coins. Hitting it with your digger or scratching can mean everything if you find that "key" date coin. Good luck with finding your next oldest coin.:yes:

Went after an awful lot of pennies to find that one . Way to stay focused and congrats on your new oldest . Hopefully I find one of those sooner or later. HH , Dew

Back
Top Bottom