F75DST - I Went Back To Do Another Sweep

beephead

Elite Member
I went back to the site where I found Big Ben and some other silver coins to see if I could squeeze out some more silver. I decided to grid search the yard coming at it at another direction to see if I could unmask some good targets. I also used some different settings and forced myself to slow down.

My first good find was a sterling silver bracelet (35.69g). I don't know how I missed it the first time, but I did. Heck I even found the tiny broke link. This was a nice find, but it wasn't a silver coin that I needed to keep my silver coin streak alive.

Finally I got my search coil over a 1943 War Nickel. That was a relief. Now I could concentrate more on my detecting without worrying so much. I moved up by the service walk and got a one way high audio tone that I decided to dig. Lucky me, I popped a 1936 Mercury Dime.

I noticed a man standing in the driveway next door watching me, so I pulled my headphones headed over to introduce myself. He asked me if I was looking for treasure and I told him that I was just looking for old coins. I committed on how beautiful his front yard was and he offered without me even asking if I wanted to detect his yard. I said noway, the grass is way too manicured for me to touch. He said do the back yard then, there's hardy any grass back there because of all the shade from the trees. I said OK.

All that I managed to find in the backyard was a transit token from San Antonio, one wheat penny, a 1943 War Nickel, a 1937 Buffalo Nickel and some clad coins.

I think I'm going to take tomorrow off and rest.

beephead

F75DST%20Bracelet%20001_zpsrgjbs7al.jpg

F75DST%20Bracelet%20004_zpsl6grzcwb.jpg

F75DST%20Bracelet%20006_zpsw1wvqlgx.jpg

F75DST%20Bracelet%20009_zpsxjs1htwd.jpg

F75DST%20Bracelet%20010_zpszigfit1v.jpg

F75DST%20Bracelet%20015_zpsjmbflroz.jpg

F75DST%20Bracelet%20017_zpszozzuzrm.jpg

F75DST%20Bracelet%20019_zps41r96qwi.jpg

F75DST%20Bracelet%20026_zpsj373vhdq.jpg

F75DST%20Bracelet%20021_zpsfxtxcvwd.jpg

Golly, that bracelet is a honker... Glad you saved it and congrats on this crazy run your on.

That bracelet is huge! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again, nice hunt! Glad to see you are still on your streak! Nice bracelet too!

G2M

Oh man you are a riot!:laughing::laughing:

" I found a monster silver bracelet, then a war nickel, what a relief! now I dont have to worry so much":laughing:

Its gonna be a tragic day if you ever get skunked...well, maybe not, maybe then you can relax and take it easy for the rest of the year and enjoy this Sport a bit?:laughing: Great haul again Beep!
Mud

Oh man you are a riot!:laughing::laughing:

" I found a monster silver bracelet, then a war nickel, what a relief! now I dont have to worry so much":laughing:

Its gonna be a tragic day if you ever get skunked...well, maybe not, maybe then you can relax and take it easy for the rest of the year and enjoy this Sport a bit?:laughing: Great haul again Beep!
Mud

Hey, it's not easy finding a silver coin on every hunt. It's a lot of work and the pressure is enormous. I need a vacation from detecting!

I'm not going to be too disappointed when the day comes that I get skunked. I really want to get back to totally digging it all. That style of detecting is more exciting to me if I'm at a good site. Cherry picking gets old after awhile.

At heart I'm a beep and dig type guy who loves finding gold rings and old relics.

beephead

Thanks everyone! I'm taking the day off from detecting to rest up.

I forgot to mention that this was my 33rd hunt for the year and my total silver coin count for the year is now at 104 which includes 2 Big Ben half dollars, a Standing Liberty quarter, a Barber dime and 2 Walking Liberty half dollars. I love finding those big silver coins.:yes:

beephead

Thanks everyone! I'm taking the day off from detecting to rest up.

I forgot to mention that this was my 33rd hunt for the year and my total silver coin count for the year is now at 104 which includes 2 Big Ben half dollars, a Standing Liberty quarter, a Barber dime and 2 Walking Liberty half dollars. I love finding those big silver coins.:yes:

beephead

Whew! Glad you took today off! Maybe go down to the bar and have some green beer on us, play some Keno, eat some pickled eggs...You are getting dangerously close to "YOUSUCK" territory!:laughing:
Mud

Whew! Glad you took today off! Maybe go down to the bar and have some green beer on us, play some Keno, eat some pickled eggs...You are getting dangerously close to "YOUSUCK" territory!:laughing:
Mud

Mud I'm really good at firing people up! Don't forget that I found 4 nice gold rings and some silver jewelry to go along with the 104 silver coins. All done in just 33 short hunts. :laughing: However on my very best day I could never pop as many clad coins as you do. I'm screwed with it comes to using a screwdriver.:lol: You need to give me lessons.

I'm getting ready to take my foot of the gas petal and coast for awhile. Hot weather is on its way!

beephead

Hey Beep, I tried your 'door knock' method this morning...pulled into a guys yard and banged on the door. He came out and said, "What the hell do you want?"

I said, "I'll be digging up your yard a little, looking for pennies, its OK, I'm a realtor, and my boy played football!"...He said, "Get the hell out of here!" I said, "Do you want to take a shower?":laughing:

I may need some practice...I dont think I got it down just right yet...The hot shower was welcomed though, my back was in need of a good scrubbing, but for some reason, he kept dropping pennies in there?.:laughing:
Mud

Back
Top Bottom