Vanquish tested today on salt beach

vbrick

After being away from hobby for several years due to health issues I purchased the Vanquish and gave it a mild run through this morning. I have many years under the belt with Fisher and Minelab products and this is an honest assessment.

The unit is very stable at the low water mark with very wet sand. No chatter at all in jewelry mode with sensitivity setting at 10. Did not get in water as a little cold here this morning in Virginia Beach. 29 degrees when arrived at oceanfront.

Depth and Target ID's seem to be somewhat uncertain. Maybe just the 12" coil and not being used to it. But did dig a Titanium ring which looked to be a ladies, rather small size at maybe 10". VID did not lock on but rather all over the place. But Target was loud. Coins seem to be at Equinox 600 ID's.

Compared to an Equinox 600 or a Fisher CZ6 will take a little time. For the price seems to be a winner. Will post more as I give it a good shake down in the weeks to come.

3 hours with the Vanquish today

Just some observations today after 3 hours on the beach with the Vanquish.

Appears to be nose heavy..a little more than I like.

Like the Equinox 600 it likes small targets such as copper and aluminum pieces.

Depth on wet sand seems to be around 8-10 inches on most modern coins.

Still very stable with almost no chatter.

Did notice some interference issues on this beach today...time will tell if this will be an issue that could be mitigated or becomes an inherent issue of the machine.

Overall it is an inexpensive machine that gives one the ability to work the wet sand on saltwater beaches and feel comfortable about using the detector to it's full capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom