Fun hunt with son

REAL_RAT_FINK

Forum Supporter
I have been in a drought lately, not many finds in the last 6 hunts. So I was hoping to turn things around this weekend. My son (9) and I took our bikes to the lake and biked 3 miles to a spot frequented mostly by boaters. I usually up the ante when someone comes with so I said, "If you find any jewelry during this hunt I will buy you dinner." I was using my fors core and he was using the old elite 2200 which is a great starter machine. He was working a few yards from me when I heard that high PING PING PING, like a slot machine on the elite 2200. "Dad it's showing 90 and 92!!" Wow, that IS a great signal get digging! "Dad I think it's a ring!" Sure enough, it's a ring, it's silver, and big! High fives and smiles, spending time with my son who gets the find of the day made for a great afternoon. He decided on carne asada fries :)

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• zaya 2.jpg
    zaya 2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 210
  • zaya 3.jpg
    zaya 3.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 196
  • zaya 1.jpg
    zaya 1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 195
  • zaya 4.jpg
    zaya 4.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 186
Great hunt! That ring is a honker. Thatshould keep him interested for a while!

R5

Great story and awesome memories for both of you- congrats! That ring has similar markings to one I found earlier this year and may be worth some big bucks.
picture.php

Great story and awesome memories for both of you- congrats! That ring has similar markings to one I found earlier this year and may be worth some big bucks.
picture.php

Those are beautiful rings! The one he found is most likely just scrap but I'll look into. HH!

Back
Top Bottom