CZ 21 Purchased

CanSlaw

Elite Member
After all of the reports on the Excal II and my personnel second hand experience (my hunting partner) with the Excal II, I decided to purchase a CZ 21.

I travel extensively in a Motor Home from coast to coast every summer, hunting along the way. I decided I wanted another VLF detector that was NOT as delicate as an Excalibur II, that would take the cross country traveling without the knobs being broken off, etc. Hence the CZ 21.

I am on old CZ 20 hunter, and still own a CZ 6a, so I am sure I will feel right at home with the 21.

I will take detailed photos of the CZ 21 tested against my Excal 1000, both with 10 inch coils. I bought the wife a video camera for Christmas, so if I can figure out how to post on Youtube, I will video the tests. If the CZ is comparable to the Excal, it's a keeper, if not, it's gone.

As my buddy Max would say.....Stand By.

We want Drama...:dingding:

Hey Joe,
My test won't be as detailed and GREAT as the video you did. Mine will be simple, it either hits the target or it doesn't..done. This is the first time in a long time I have actually looked forward to getting a another detector. Should be fun

Will be interesting to see how the testing pans-out. Good luck and I hope its a worthy replacement.

FOr me CS one buried target does not a test make. I think i get a lot more information after putting in some time on it since results will very based on location. Like to know how you like that shaft to, ive heard its a bit wobbly. Do some air tests on a clad dime id like to know your results since another complaint is quality control. Lets see if you keep it.....

Dew

Will be interesting, good on you,

what/how you will test them?

A simple air test with gold rings that are my main targets when hunting. I will test from small ladies ring up to a man's band. I won't be testing .1 gram targets as I don't hunt for those. Might throw a chain in there as well. The main thing will be depth comparing the two machines.

There has been a lot of talk about the two, but nobody seemed to have both machines, So I decided I would belly up to the bar and take the plunge.

We will soon see if he CZ 21 can compare to the Excal.

A simple air test with gold rings that are my main targets when hunting. I will test from small ladies ring up to a man's band. I won't be testing .1 gram targets as I don't hunt for those. Might throw a chain in there as well. The main thing will be depth comparing the two machines.

There has been a lot of talk about the two, but nobody seemed to have both machines, So I decided I would belly up to the bar and take the plunge.

We will soon see if he CZ 21 can compare to the Excal.

Look forward to the results:yes:

FOr me CS one buried target does not a test make. I think i get a lot more information after putting in some time on it since results will very based on location. Like to know how you like that shaft to, ive heard its a bit wobbly. Do some air tests on a clad dime id like to know your results since another complaint is quality control. Lets see if you keep it.....

Dew

As for location, remember I hunt all over the country ever summer, so I will not be hunting in the same location each time. An air test is going to have to work for me.

The shaft I am not worried about, that is an easy fix. Tighten the shaft with a wrap of tape, also helps remember where you like your shaft if you collapse it for travel. Or change the shaft lock, $12. The Sov GT shaft wobbles, but nobody complains about that one. I just bought enough 7/8 aluminum tubing the other day to make two straight shafts for a dollar at the Catholic Church Thrift Store. I have not had a shaft yet that was still loose with a Plugger Shaft Lock.

I do know one thing the quality control on the CZ can't be as bad as the manufacturing quality of the Excal II's made in Malaysia. In addition the CZ has a 2 year warranty instead of one.

Depth is my concern, if it's as deep and my Excal 1000, I'll keep it, if not, it's gone and I will replace it with another Excal 800 or 1000.

If the CZ 21 is 3/4 as good as my old CZ 20 was I'll be very satisfied. The 20 was 10 years old with never a problem until it flat wore out. Back then the new Fisher Co. wanted more to rebuild it than what it was worth. That CZ 20 put a lot of gold in the box and that's what counts.

Those Plugger locks are the boom. You know better than to count on those air tests especially since we are talking about different tech and coils. I think you need to let your finds be your best guide. Hope it works great for you. It will certainly throw a different machine out there on your beach that could give you the edge you are looking for.

Dew

Those Plugger locks are the boom. You know better than to count on those air tests especially since we are talking about different tech and coils. I think you need to let your finds be your best guide. Hope it works great for you. It will certainly throw a different machine out there on your beach that could give you the edge you are looking for.

Dew

Dew, guess how the factories test the coils in the shop? I had a brand new Viper brought over to my house and it wouldn't air test 2 inches on my wedding band. Showed the guy the Excal and it air tested 10 inches on the same target. Close enough to show what different machines will do.

Targets will definitely be deeper in wet conditions,but it's hard to take pictures in those conditions :lol:

Results

Will be nice to see the results,as i used a Cz70pro in the past,and just picked up a CZ20 8 inch in nov 2012,never had a issue with the knobs,use knob guard's on all my Excals,happy hunting & testing Earl

Will be nice to see the results,as i used a Cz70pro in the past,and just picked up a CZ20 8 inch in nov 2012,never had a issue with the knobs,use knob guard's on all my Excals,happy hunting & testing Earl

That is the whole thing with the Excal, it's add on's and add on's and more add on's to get the machine comfortable and strong enough to hunt and travel with. I could be wrong, the CZ may not be the answer, but I at least have to try.

I here ya

The only thing i picked up for it was the hip mount,think i am going to make a chest mount,just a brake from the strait shaft set up,let us know how you like the cz21 with the larger coil,i have the 8 inch ,but could send it back for service into a cz21 from cz20 and get the coil changed,but think i will stick with the 8 ,i have 2 excal2 1000s 1 blue 800,and cz20 8 ,2 of each and the df,so i am good,good luck with your new machine,Earl

That is the whole thing with the Excal, it's add on's and add on's and more add on's to get the machine comfortable and strong enough to hunt and travel with. I could be wrong, the CZ may not be the answer, but I at least have to try.
Man it is going to be cool to see how you do with that machine. You have to modify it too, just like the Excal. You can't swing long with the stock setup. So you have to make or buy a shaft. Good thing you know how to make one. Is it single frequency? I don't know a lot about them but I don't like the build. Looks too much like a sovereign and we know how they are. :D

Back
Top Bottom