Nothing great

bmcouni3

Hit a different spot on Tybee island today. Nothing great but had to share. I found another round ball and a few bronze nails and ship sheeting. The usual here but I did the less touristy spot. Two cool things today is the crusty watch is still ticking it's a Ellen Tracy watch and time is a hour ahead which tells me it was lost before the last time change. I don't take my phone with me ,wish I did because I found a old ship beam with a huge bronze nail in it. The nail looked to be around 10 inches. I dug and dug but the beam kept going. I eyeballed a few structures to be able to find it again. Will be back there tomorrow or the next day. I'm going to try to dig it up but if it's too big I will at least take a picture.
f2cfb38b7f7d8757dc7b6aa02879ba48.jpg
da4dbc04820b70119fce5019dac7048f.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We can't find the good stuff every time out.. you got out in the fresh air and enjoyed the hunt hopefully.. :yes:

We can't find the good stuff every time out.. you got out in the fresh air and enjoyed the hunt hopefully.. :yes:
That right. Just getting out and swinging a coil makes for a good day

Yeah! Go get that big bronze nail for us! Take a crowbar!
I definitely will. Went back today the beach was packed. Tybee shoots off fireworks for New year's off the pier lots of folks come down. I didn't want to draw a lot of attention to it today I'll go back when it's not too busy. I did manage a silver earring and a 1944 d wheat penny today. Nothing super great but it's better to be swinging a coil instead of sitting at house.
206e9b0089622de7fd24f93bd51c527d.jpg

If I had a nickel for every time I went out to hunt and didn't find gold I'd be rich. Then again, if I had a nickel for every time I went out and didn't think I would find anything valuable... ;) You just never know in this hobby when a gold coin is going to show up, or a hammered Roman bronze, or maybe even a Rolex. :D

If I had a nickel for every time I went out to hunt and didn't find gold I'd be rich. Then again, if I had a nickel for every time I went out and didn't think I would find anything valuable... ;) You just never know in this hobby when a gold coin is going to show up, or a hammered Roman bronze, or maybe even a Rolex. :D
HaHa. Ain't that the truth. If all my silver finds were gold I'd be rich.

Back
Top Bottom