New from Iowa!

bigchieftaco

Hello Everyone!

I just picked up a new hobby and I LOVE IT! I bought the bounty hunter tracker IV from hobby lobby for ~$65. I went with that because it seemed to give the most bang for your buck.

I've taken my friend with me all 3 times I've gone and shared the detector. Yesterday he showed up and pulled his own tracker IV from his trunk. I guess he wants to keep the stuff he digs up now :?: :laughing:
It's a great hobby and my girlfriend loves it too. I've taken her out with me twice now.

Attached is from my 3 finds. I found a 1965 quarter AND dime in the same hole. :mad::mad:
I found a 1955 wheat, 2 costume rings, a padlock, magnet, smashed penny from Boone Railroad, half of some sunglasses, a carnival token, some type of rock/meteorite, and a bunch of clad.
No silver or gold yet.
I found something neat though. It looks like some sort of utility cap/cover from early 1900s. Anyone have info on what it might be?

EDIT: Forgot about the EARRING I FOUND! Is it worth anything? The coating is starting to coming off. Not sure what kind of metal it is.

img1031yn.jpg

img1030cs.jpg

img1017jo.jpg

img1019eo.jpg

img1021li.jpg

img1023hc.jpg

img1026zu.jpg

yea, what he said! i love that state. :)

welcome to the forum AND to the hobby! i'm not sure what that token is but it sure is neato. :D

Not sure why my OP got deleted after I edited it but I'm north of Fort Dodge about 16 miles.

Hello and welcome from Ohio.
Nice finds.
Hello and welcome from Northwest Florida, glad You are here.
water meter or gas meter cover
hello from ny
Welcome from WV
Welcome from Colorado!!!
welcome from KC.MO.
Great finds so far, welcome from Iowa as well.
Where in Iowa you located at?
Very Nice... Welcome from TN
Welcome from Long Island, New York.
Welcome from the east coast of Iowa! Lots of flooding out this way. :roll:
yea, what he said! i love that state. :)
welcome to the forum AND to the hobby! i'm not sure what that token is but it sure is neato. :D
welcome from central Iowa
Welcome from SoCal, HH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome from KY!

Wow! Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you! This is a great community. :yes:
Any ideas on what the earring is made of? I'm new to all this and have no idea. My guess is brass or copper?
GL and HH!

Back
Top Bottom