• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Trying A Late 1700 - Mid 1800 Site Tomorrow.

bubbaron

Forum Supporter
Hello All,
I have not hunted for almost 2 weeks but I am going to try a new site tomorrow. I have to walk in over a mile but I am hoping this site will produce some goodies. It's been cold and windy here for a few weeks and even had an early 8" snow fall a few weeks ago. I hope the ground is not frozen too badly and I can dig a plug if I can hit some good signals. This site is wooded but has some old stone foundations that date to the late 1700's - mid 1800's. I will dress warm and I'm determined to try this site one more time. I was in there last winter but I hit some really bad weather when I final found the site. Wish me luck, I think I will need it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained !!
GL & HH to all.

Bubba.. probably don't have to tell you this but make sure you let someone know EXACTLY where you will be and When you plan to be home,, just in case they need to send in the St Bernard's after you

Attachments

• St Bern.jpg
    St Bern.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 219
Good luck with it man!!! Keep us posted. We just had 10" of wet snow, and it's killing me!!! I'm ready to swing again!!

I will be sure to dress properly, thanks. My wife knows the location of where I will be too. I had to wait for rifle deer season to be over as I didn't want to be shot !! I do have an old railroad bed to walk on for most of the hike. I also will have my cell phone with me.

Last edited:
I am sorry to report the site I just hunted was a total bust. I found the remains of an old road so I suppose this is how the locals trashed this site and it's really loaded with trash. I did find some very old hand made nails but no old coins. There are 11 old stone foundations that I hunted. I can say I got my exercise for the day, about 3 miles worth.

Last edited:
Always worth a try and better luck next time.

It is amazing how much some places get trashed.
There could still be a few good finds there but they will take lots of work.

Back
Top Bottom