• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

18K at Can Slaw Beach

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
I had to have my car worked on a few days ago and it was about a 10 minute walk to the beach from the garage. It was going to take a couple of hours so I took the 800 and walked to the worst beach around. I call it can slaw beach because it is a popular place for the kids to hang out at night and drink beer and party. They burn their cans in the fire so the beach is littered with aluminum. Well after digging what seemed to be 10 pounds of slaw I got a scoop of the stuff and was picking through it and putting it in the trash bag I carry. When I got close to the bottom, I noticed a loud clanking noise in the 720i. I looked and couldn't believe my eyes. It is scratched and needs polishing, but I like it.:D This was a beach I have hunted many many times and have only found a 10K heart ring. To my surprise I found a keeper. My hunt was about 1 hour, my shortest hunt ever, I hated to leave Can Slaw beach. But you can bet, I'll be back for more aluminum.

Attachments

• X-18K Size 10.75-X.jpg
    X-18K Size 10.75-X.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 809
  • X-Memn's 18K-Size 10.75_X.jpg
    X-Memn's 18K-Size 10.75_X.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 721
  • X-Men's 18K -Size 10.75-X.jpg
    X-Men's 18K -Size 10.75-X.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 725
Whoa.... that's one chunkey honker for sure!

15.6g of 18k is worth...

Wait for it...

$469 AND THIRTY EIGHT CENTS!

nice... Nice... NICE score!

R5

Sweet mother of another! That’s a beautiful honking ring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa.... that's one chunkey honker for sure!

15.6g of 18k is worth...

Wait for it...

$469 AND THIRTY EIGHT CENTS!

nice... Nice... NICE score!

R5

Thanks R5. It was a surprise for sure on a beach that is full of thrash and aluminum.

Congratulations !! Great 1 hour hunt

Thanks yooper. A great hour for sure. And that's the only time I ever just hunted 1 hour. Maybe I should shorten my hunts in the future.:lol:

Congrats on the honker gold! Nice snag!

A sweet capture for me. Thanks for looking.

Now that is a outstanding find:yes: Big congrats on the monster 18K!

Pickings around here are few right now Captain. It's the heaviest 18k I've found to date.

Honking great find and 18k to boot! WOW

Thanks for the look see and good words Buellride. And I think WOW was thw word I just with others I can't repeat here.:lol:

That's outstanding! I can't make out the design on the face. Is it an eagle?

Thanks for looking. It is a little worn on the top but it looks like and Egyptian head of some sort.

That is really nice.

Thanks DF. It almost fits. A little large for me. But I may have it sized unless my buyer offers enough.

:dingding: HONK! HONK!! I don't understand though why you would go back for more "aluminum" and not gold? ;):lol:

What a Honker! WOw!..Big Congrads!!

On another note, not to be the bad guy, acid test it. And the reason is...that hallmark is famous for not being correct. See if I can find the pics ...

found this one, and hope I am wrong..

Attachments

• OBN-0009.jpg
    OBN-0009.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:
Wow, huge find! You might say I'm jealous, but that would be an understatement. We have those types of beaches around here along the river. I'm positive there are good targets there, but the kids and hobos litter like there's no tomorrow, making it nearly impossible to detect. Anyway, way to beat the odds!

Back
Top Bottom