ML80 Bluetooth Headphones or WM 08 Wireless Module

Chris Crawford

So both the ML80 Bluetooth headphones and the ML 08 module come with the Equinox 800. For those of you who have tried both, is there that much difference in the latency between using the headphones totally wirelessly and using the headphones with the wireless module?

Not enough to make a difference...at least to me. I use the ML80 headphones and really like them. Even though you're not connected to the detector you still have a wire with the module. I prefer the headphones.

I use the headphones when it's cold, during the day or if I'm knee deep in water.

I use the module with earbuds when it's hot, or at night when I need to be able to hear background noise.

The module is definitely faster and I prefer it over the headphones.

GL HH

Last edited:
Is there that much difference in the latency between using the headphones totally wirelessly and using the headphones with the wireless module?

Nope - very very little difference...…

I did try some NON ML wireless ear buds with the NOX 800 and the latency was real bad. So bad that it took forever to find the target and pinpoint.

I personally can't stand being tethered in any fashion, so the BT phones make me happy! I love my Nox with BT phones and 4.2 LL.

Back
Top Bottom