Equinox observations and question

REAL_RAT_FINK

Forum Supporter
Alright, I have to confess about my Equinox 600. My initial experience of the 600 was not good. Some of you may remember I had some bizarre VDI readings. After a factory reset, a rollback to the initial software, and then a re-install of the updated software seemed to make things better. I have been hesitant about using the Nox ever since that little bug, I was dealing with some trust issues. This past week I put aside my bias and used the 600 again. At an 1800's hunting cabin, I put it in all metal mode and was able to pick out every non-ferrous target. It was unbelievable how effective it was in an iron filled lot. Picture this, iron nails and large iron bits every inch or two in a 30x30 square. I could pick out non-ferrous targets with ease. Ok Multi, I'm a believer now.

Second, I hit a beach in Santa Barbara. Worked the wet sand, silent and steady. Worked the dry sand and was picking out small targets 7-15 inches. There were no targets in the 1-7 inch range, almost like another detectorist had gone over it before but didn't have the depth. Very happy with the results, my detector "woke up" and my trust issues are now gone. Lets see what else this thing can do.

My question for the forum, has anyone used a nox effectively in a tot lot? The key is getting close to metal and still able to hear the little blips. On my other detector, I go into pinpoint mode and can go in and out of the playground and hit little blips when something else is under the coil. My best finds are usually underneath the playground equipment. I haven't got this to work with the nox, PP gets all crazy close to big metal. Any ideas?

Happy Hunting!! :pirate2::money:

Alright, I have to confess about my Equinox 600. My initial experience of the 600 was not good. Some of you may remember I had some bizarre VDI readings. After a factory reset, a rollback to the initial software, and then a re-install of the updated software seemed to make things better. I have been hesitant about using the Nox ever since that little bug, I was dealing with some trust issues. This past week I put aside my bias and used the 600 again. At an 1800's hunting cabin, I put it in all metal mode and was able to pick out every non-ferrous target. It was unbelievable how effective it was in an iron filled lot. Picture this, iron nails and large iron bits every inch or two in a 30x30 square. I could pick out non-ferrous targets with ease. Ok Multi, I'm a believer now.

Second, I hit a beach in Santa Barbara. Worked the wet sand, silent and steady. Worked the dry sand and was picking out small targets 7-15 inches. There were no targets in the 1-7 inch range, almost like another detectorist had gone over it before but didn't have the depth. Very happy with the results, my detector "woke up" and my trust issues are now gone. Lets see what else this thing can do.

My question for the forum, has anyone used a nox effectively in a tot lot? The key is getting close to metal and still able to hear the little blips. On my other detector, I go into pinpoint mode and can go in and out of the playground and hit little blips when something else is under the coil. My best finds are usually underneath the playground equipment. I haven't got this to work with the nox, PP gets all crazy close to big metal. Any ideas?

Happy Hunting!! :pirate2::money:

I hunt the open area of my tot lots with the standard coil on my 800 and then switch to the 6" coil to get under and near the metal supports. I ordered a 2nd lower shaft and makes it easier/ faster changing coils in the field. I always take both coils because in the past there has been more than a few times when I wished I had the 6" coil left back home. I think the new lower shaft cost me $30 plus shipping.

I hunt the open area of my tot lots with the standard coil on my 800 and then switch to the 6" coil to get under and near the metal supports. I ordered a 2nd lower shaft and makes it easier/ faster changing coils in the field. I always take both coils because in the past there has been more than a few times when I wished I had the 6" coil left back home. I think the new lower shaft cost me $30 plus shipping.

Yep - same here same experience......NOX runs too hot to use near any tot lot stuff.... the AT Pro could get real close but not the NOX. Same with bleachers and other metal things..... NOX screams at anything big...

Is the 6" coil worth the $, in your opinion? I would like to try this but expensive....

I have both a 600 & 800 Nox. I use the 600 for normal hunts and the 800 with a 6" coil in the tot lots. Yes, I feel the 6" coil is worth the $$$. It's a deadly coin shooter. I always take both my Noxes when I go to hunt. Works great for me. GL & HH.

Back
Top Bottom