Saturday silver...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Cellrdwellr came down my way early this morning to pick up a lower rod for his Explorer SE, so we met up for a hunt at Iron Beach. I ran the Excal Sword once again and found silvers #72 and #73...
......$1.61 in clad and a bunch of garbage...tiny bell, brass from a pocketknife, a badly rotted New Haven Railroad token:( 3 wheats, Indian, Rosie, GW......the Indian is a 1900, the Rosie 1950 and a 1943 GW... Had fun hanging out and hunting with Jeff again:yes: We had wanted to dirt dig too, but the frigid temps the last 3 days froze the ground pretty good so we didn't get to do that this time...well that's all for this outing so thanks for the looks, see you after the next and Happy Hunting!

It's funny how you get all the silver that you do while its such a rarity down here. CONGRATS!

Glad to see you hook up with Jeff. Congrats Bruce on adding a pair of Silvers, a Indian and some Wheat's. That Bell is pretty small but real neat. Trapper

Awesome hunt Bruce, had a blast thanks for hosting a fun hunt! I quickly learned why you call it iron beach. My first three holes held exactly that... Iron...so I knew right away I would have to discriminate in my head a little better. My finds weren't nearly as impressive, I got 5 wheats and a 1915 buff. Some big old lead sinkers, .22 casings, old fishing lures...and then very similar scrap to yours. Spent a good 7 hours out out there, and am paying for it today :yes: appreciate the lower rod, and nice job on the silvers and the rest! Hopefully get back down there soon, keep up the good work!

Congratulations on the silver. I am amazed at the amount of silver you find at the beach. I have been detecting the local beaches year round for six years and I have only found one silver coin. Thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars in clad but only one silver coin. Maybe my Xcal is faulty as it refuses to find silver coins. It tell me about every zinc penny, clad dime, quarter etc and even on occasion a piece of gold or silver jewelry but it refuses to find silver coins. Maybe I need a new Nox.

Thanks everyone for the replies! There's no replenishing the beaches here, only storms and waves to move the sand around, and under the right conditions silvers and other older targets come within reach...before the invention of a/c and the internet, the beaches I hunt were always crowded in the summers, but hardly anyone sunbathes or swims at these places now so there's few fresh drops or Felix pennies to contend with...just all the iron scraps from the piers, bulkheads and pieces and parts of the waterfront houses, hotels, sidewalks and streets destroyed by storms and hurricanes.

Back
Top Bottom