An Englishman abroad.

Doug

Elite Member
These are my finds from my 3 weeks vacation in Florida.

Most of the finds came from the wet/dry sand area and the odd one out of the water.

Thanks for looking..........Doug.

The keepers.
YEqmgW8.jpg

The non keepers.
bnxZ37H.jpg

Bottom two left silver, one on the right?
VNfHew0.jpg

The oddities.
180aAC9.jpg

Old or not?

1DAqH0y.jpg

Trash removal.

aiQ1ksN.jpg

Soft sand find, could have caused serious damage for bare feet?
GTqKbva.jpg

Just a tad bit wet inside........:D
jDpESsY.jpg

Congratulations on some fine quality Felix pennies! I am sure they'll make good gifts to you fellow British detectorists. :yes::lol:

How does the bottle cap percentage compare to the UK? I suspect it is higher here than there. #lazyamericans.

BCD

Bottle caps were phased out 20-30 years ago over here so not a great problem.

I had 3 hours on the local beach last Friday on the wet sand and only had one bottle cap.

Ring pulls/pull tabs are not a great problem either........thank goodness.

Congratulations on some fine quality Felix pennies! I am sure they'll make good gifts to you fellow British detectorists. :yes::lol:

Thanks Felix.

I did not bring the pennies back, I could not afford the excess baggage charge at the airport.......:D

Bottle caps were phased out 20-30 years ago over here so not a great problem.

I had 3 hours on the local beach last Friday on the wet sand and only had one bottle cap.

Ring pulls/pull tabs are not a great problem either........thank goodness.

Some nice finds you got there, congrats on the silvers! Would love to visit America one day, detecting would be quite different there (or at least the finds).

What do you mean by "phased out"? How are your bottles closed then? And what about pull tabs?

Some nice finds you got there, congrats on the silvers! Would love to visit America one day, detecting would be quite different there (or at least the finds).

What do you mean by "phased out"? How are your bottles closed then? And what about pull tabs?

Thank you.

Due to 'world issues' most of the containers for fluids have now tamper proof tops and mainly of plastic.

Pull tabs are now affixed to the containers in most cases.

Yes there are still bottles with metal push on and crimped tops in the shops but the tops are very infrequently found on the beach.

How did we let you find all that loot Doug? Man .... you honestly had a very good coil ration..... look at those nickels to pennies. Everyone thinks hunting Fl is easy pickens........ hasnt been recently.

Back
Top Bottom