Gold failed, silver success

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
I had time for only a short, 1 1/2 hour hunt but wanted to get to the beach to see if I could make it three hunts in a row for gold. I knew I would be pushing my luck but had to give it a try. Anyway, no success on the gold but I did find a silver chain that's in fairly good shape. This is the first time I've found a complete chain other than junk, so it was worth the trip.

Attachments

• IMG_2399.jpg
    IMG_2399.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_2403.JPG
    IMG_2403.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 298
Nice piece of sterling for sure...congrats on the find!
Congrats on bringing in the silver!
Nice job on that chain!
Congrats on the silver chain. It looks like a nice heavy one.
Always nice to see a chain in the scoop!
Thanks all! It was pretty well coated with gunk so I wasn't sure how well it would clean, but it turned out well. The links are flat so in the picture it looks heavier than it actually is, 6.8 g. I'm happy with the return for a short hunt.:yes:

Nice chunk of silver! Congrats!
Congrats on the silver chain!
nice chain congrats :D
Congrats on the chain. How did you clean it up?
Thanks for the kind comments. I first tried cleaning the chain with baking soda and hot water in aluminum foil but it had almost no effect. So I did electrolysis which removed some of the gunk and softened up the rest -- it took about 45 minutes with my rig. Then #0000 steel wool to wipe away the remaining gunk, followed by a polish with Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish. Under magnification you can see some roughness in the surface of the silver but it's invisible to the naked eye.

Back
Top Bottom