Found a beauty!

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
It was darn cold, windy, and raining intermittently, but I had an irrepressible itch to get out so I bundled up and headed to the beach for a hunt at low tide. I started in a gravelly area between sand bars and searched for an hour without hitting a single target, then finally began to get some hits in a small 5-foot area. Ended up pulling a half dozen thickly crusted copper memorial cents and one clad dime there. They've been in the water for a long time and clearly haven't moved much since they were spilled. Moving on a couple hundred yards I found a nearshore area of large cobbles anchored in thick sand, and this patch proved to be target-rich. Quite a few coins (all clad), a silver-plated Rogers Bros. fork, Sam Adams bottle opener, and miscellaneous trash. The Nintendo game card was weird -- someone gaming at the beach?? :?: At one point I got a signal that was a weak groan right at the base of a large boulder. I figured that it was just a deep nickel but I dig any consistent mid-tone, no matter how waffley, so I worked three scoops through the cobbles and sand and finally got hold of the target. Believe me, I was surprised as the very devil to see a nice gold circle in the scoop, and even more surprised to see all the little diamonds adorning it! I've had good luck finding gold rings, but it seems like it's been years since I recovered one with diamonds. Happy camper here! :run1: The ring is 4.2 g and didn't need much cleaning, as you can see in the before and after pics. I worked the patch until I could find no more targets and finally gave up at dark and headed home to dry out. It was well worth braving the elements!

Attachments

• IMG_2363.jpg
    IMG_2363.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,132
  • BeforeAndAfter.jpg
    BeforeAndAfter.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,089
Has your wife claimed it Brian? Here is hoping this upcoming storm rips from sand from the shoreline ;) How close were you to the tornado's that hit Sandwich the other day?

Beauty!!!
14k! Awesome score!
Thanks GS. Sure made my day!
Thats a very nice looking ring. Good recovery!!
Thanks BRB. It was a good lesson about checking out those weak signals, even when fighting through big cobbles.
Has your wife claimed it Brian? Here is hoping this upcoming storm rips from sand from the shoreline ;) How close were you to the tornado's that hit Sandwich the other day?
'And it fits!', to quote Felix. :lol: She likes it and will probably wear it on occasion but she's more into silver. The tornado apparently was a waterspout, did little if any damage and was 20 miles away from us.
Holy cow that's NICE!!:dingding:
:holycow: Thanks Barb. Just trying (unsuccessfully) to approach your magnificent record. :lol:
Wowza! That is a beauty... Don't let the wife see it. It will be gone...
BCD
She always gets first look and first dibs. Part of the penalty I pay for pursuing this addiction...:D Thanks BCD.
Wow! Nicely done.
Thanks PTM. The gods were smiling on me for that one.
Now thats a good looking ring!:yes:
Thanks MA. Nice to have some bling rather than a plain ring for a change!
That ring is off the charts!! Look at all that ice sparkling....:iwish:
It really does pop in the light. Thanks RRF.
Woah...I had to put some sunglasses on for that ice!!:cool: Very very nice!!! Congrats on that ring, it is incredible.
Thanks SS. The diamonds are tiny and have little value, but it's an eyecatcher for sure!

That is a beauty! Twin rows of stones even! Yeah, for sure that one isnt a melter!...its a confiscator! My Wife would surely be confiscatin' that one!

Back
Top Bottom