Teknetics T2 advice

~Alan~

Forum Supporter
I presently use as my main machine, an XP Goldmaxx Power. A good machine, but a little over complicated for me, and I tend to only ever use it one one setting. It finds the small stuff, but I never seem to get much depth. Most of what I find is in the top 2".
My backup machines are a Laser Hawkeye, and Ace250.

I'm now looking at swapping in the GMP for a T2, and would be interested in what regular users of this machine think about it.
I'm not after something I will need to constantly adjust, want a little more depth than the GMP, and need a good pinpoint as I don't use a probe.

90% of my detecting is on farmland.

it is a popular machine...one of my hunting buds (who owns a ctx 3030) saw all the good $hit i was finding with the t2 finally got one for himself,he now raves about it as the best relic hunter out there...another one of my hunting buds feels the same way....once you have it dialed in on the proper settings for you'll definitely enjoy it!!if you ever need advice on it..LMK

Thanks for that, I may take you up on the offer if and when I get one.
Which coil do you use ?

They are doing a deal where it comes with an 11" and 5" coils.

stock 11" coil is the best one. Some say aftermarket, but I think the stock does a great job on it's own.

I shall be the owner of a T2 very shortly, as member of my club has one available, having bought a Deus.
I think it just has the stock coil.

£450 against £800+ for a new one.

T2 is the way to go...

Take the T2 an put the disc down as far as you can and the sens up as high as the ground will let you and put it in what ever tone you want. I like the single tone but it is by far the deepest unit going...

Well, I've bought one.

It's a used one from a chap in my club who has bought a Deus.

It was £450 ($735). Not had considering new ones are around £720
Although mine didn't come with headphones.

If you want a bit more depth and faster ground coverage while hunting large open fields, try the Cors Strike coil. It's the same coil as the NEL Tornado. Made by the same company but marketed as NEL in some countries and Cors in other countries.

If you want a bit more depth and faster ground coverage while hunting large open fields, try the Cors Strike coil. It's the same coil as the NEL Tornado. Made by the same company but marketed as NEL in some countries and Cors in other countries.

Love how you jumped right in this thread like it was yesterday. Check the OP date :lol:

I still use the T2SE as my go to machine and I have a new Equinox 800 that I just can't make myself use.

I still check here from time to time, although I stopped detecting a couple of years ago.
The T2 is unfortunately gathering dust, along with the old GMP.

I used to love going out metal detecting, but to be honest I don't miss it.
I'm more into photography now, especially wildlife.

I Sometimes Combine All Three

I metal detect, take pictures of my finds and also take pictures of the wildlife & the landscape. Got a Nikon D3400 with Nikor 70-300 zoom, Nikor 18-55 zoom & Lightdow 420-800 zoom lenses.

Last edited:
I found probably my 2 deepest coins with the t2 classic,large cents in the same hole,maybe a few inches apart ,been awhile but I remember they were deeep.And I’m not kidding either.
The one and only problem I had was in cold weather I couldn’t get the sensitivity knob to work right.Somtimes it would and other times it wouldn’t.this is in 32 or below weather,it would turn but it was tight and the numbers wouldn’t go up like they should..Other than that it’s a fantastic machine.

Back
Top Bottom