• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Found Buried Treasure in the Ground - I Am A RICH Man !!

i tell you what, that one quarter is missing a piece. I know back in the day before I was born theyd cut coins as payments. I think that is what was going on here in those pictures. the other thing is a lawnmower rolled over pocket change that you placed on the ground to have a good story to tell with pictures. LOL..

OK . . . . Many Thanks for all your input !! I decided not to spend them at the local bar or pay taxes !!

Here is the "Lawnmower vs. Coin" project completed !!!

These photos alone say a thousands words . . . .

Attachments

• LAWN MOWER COINS 1960-70s-10.jpg
    LAWN MOWER COINS 1960-70s-10.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 70
  • LAWN MOWER COINS 1960-70s-11.jpg
    LAWN MOWER COINS 1960-70s-11.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 74
  • LAWN MOWER COINS 1960-70s-12.jpg
    LAWN MOWER COINS 1960-70s-12.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 72
  • LAWN MOWER COINS 1960-70s-13.jpg
    LAWN MOWER COINS 1960-70s-13.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 73
I have a quart jar of damaged coins that I planned to take to the Federal Reserve to exchange for good ones.

HOWEVER you can take half of a paper bill as long as you can prove the denomination and get an even swap. NOT SO WITH COINS. All they will give you is scrap value.

WHY??? It’s legal tender and they should respect it as such. I have over $100 of useless currency.

OK . . . . Many Thanks for all your input !! I decided not to spend them at the local bar or pay taxes !!

Here is the "Lawnmower vs. Coin" project completed !!!

These photos alone say a thousands words . . . .

Nice job! I like it. :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing the pics!

Many Thanks Princess ! ! !

I appreciate your comment . . . .

Those chopped up coins represents an excitement hearing a BUZZ in a metal detector and
going after that buried treasure . . . and althought not finding a gold ring or valuable coin every time . . . .
It was a great RUSH . . . . WE ALL GET THAT RUSH MDing and I enjoyed those past moments !!
Now I can see those chopped up coins in a picture frame and remember the RUSH ! ! ! !

Looks like a PAC Man convention!!

I have well over $100 in damaged coins. Was preparing to take them to the Federal Reserve to swap out but learned they will only give you scrap metal value for coins but full value for damaged paper currency.

Nice finds!!!! In the 1990's I was part of a local club and we had a guy that collected coins and artifacts that had been hit by the mower. Talk about "Niche" collecting!!!

He had all kinds of things and people traded stuff with him and he had quite the collection in display cases.

At the bottom center....

That holed coin is not a lawnmower casualty! It was shot with a 22 caliber bullet! KT has one on His Royal Keyring as a reminder of several days worth of hunts in a row in 2012 after those hunts only yielded crusty Zincolns! :laughing::laughing:

looks neat the way layed the out for the photo, maybe you could put them in a case and hang on the wall. be a great conversation piece.

Back
Top Bottom