Has Anyone Used A Fisher 1270

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I was wondering if any of you have used the Fisher 1270 and if so I would like your thoughts on it. I know they are a relic machine but have heard they are a good coin detector too. I have been toying with the idea of trading (maybe) my Tesoro Euro Sabre for something different, had a few offers and the 1270 is about the only one so far that caught my attention alittle. Thanks! Steve.

I have not used one other than air testing one at the local detector shop. I was very impressed with the air test of the 1270 vs a Tesoro Vaquero for instance. Both machines being no nonsense machines without TID display. The 1270 had around a 3 inch advantage over the Vaquero on a quarter and this was with the sensitivity turned down on the 1270 due to being indoors. In the ground however it may be a different story. The 1270 was considerably heavier than the Vaquero. I have read some pretty impressive claims about the depth capability of the 1270 on coins. Some say up to 18 inches on quarters. Seems a like a bit of truth stretching though.

Thanks lloyd0161, I'm used to using Tesoro's so the weight might be a factor. I've read where the 1270 has the depth of a Tesoro Tejon some say even deeper than the Tejon.

plus the 1270 is from the old fisher company,I have trust in the old fisher company not so sure about company that bought out the old fisher. to many of the new f units look like bounty hunters,JMO

I have one but haven't used it in a longtime. It is deep even with the elliptical coil. Mine is chatty like most of the 1200 series unless you turn on the silencer. A little heavy like the cz's but well balanced if you keep the shaft short enough to keep your arm straight. It runs on two 9v, great at pinpointing, ground balance on all metal only. Iron disc on switch but I never used it.. There was/is an old treasure mag article on web that has a better review than I can give.

I used one for awhile,I liked the detector but couldn't handle the weight of it.If fisher would
Have kept the weight the same has the 1266x and added a manual ground balance it would
Of ruled back in the day

Back
Top Bottom