Need advice about finding a titanium ring?

BaldAssCat

Elite Member
I'm headed to help a friend find his wedding ring. He dropped it last week so it should be right on the surface but it could have been stepped on an so under the grass a little.

It's titanium and I've yet to find one myself but from what I read it should come in somewhere between beaver tails without the ring and a full pulltab. Dose that sound right?

I'm bringing another machine so he can look too. I have a BH Tracker 4 that I'm familiar with but don't have a lot of faith in. The wire comes loose at times and you don't know about it.

Another friend let me borrow a Whites Classic 3 which seems like a good machine but I don't know anything about it. I'm concerned I might have the discrimination too high without knowing it and we'll miss it out of inexperience. Without a VDI I'm not sure if there isn't anything there or it's being ignored.

Can anyone tell me about the Whites?

Any opinions on which one to hand him?

Any advice on how to go about the search?

If you could use a hand searching for it, I'd be willing if it was local. Otherwise, I would obviously search for signals that are very loud, meaning close to the surface. A pinpointer Should absolutely pick the ring up, even if it was stepped on. Shoot me a PM if need a hand, and good luck!

If your pinpointer won't catch it, it's too deep to be the ring you're looking for.

Good point, thanks. I'll be bringing my pro pointer and pro pointer AT so that should cover us.

If you could use a hand searching for it, I'd be willing if it was local. Otherwise, I would obviously search for signals that are very loud, meaning close to the surface. A pinpointer Should absolutely pick the ring up, even if it was stepped on. Shoot me a PM if need a hand, and good luck!

Help is always welcome but It's in Mansfield, just south of 495. It's a good ride for me, not sure about you. I plan to be there around 10 tomorrow. I'm told the field was put in somewhere in the 90s so not much old on it but there are woods behind it that I plan to hit if there's time. Let me know if you're interested.

Good point, thanks. I'll be bringing my pro pointer and pro pointer AT so that should cover us.

Help is always welcome but It's in Mansfield, just south of 495. It's a good ride for me, not sure about you. I plan to be there around 10 tomorrow. I'm told the field was put in somewhere in the 90s so not much old on it but there are woods behind it that I plan to hit if there's time. Let me know if you're interested.

Ugh its about 90 mins from me. If you don't succeed in finding it, I may be able to plan a day to come out in the future. Even if you do find it, I would still be interested in meeting up soon. Good luck out there! You may want to see if Ron 71 could assist you, I believe he lives out that way somewhere.

I didn't see mention of if he knew the area where it was dropped, but it sort of sounds like he does?

If that's the case, one of you swing detector, the other follow using PP. Shouldn't take long to recover it.

I didn't see mention of if he knew the area where it was dropped, but it sort of sounds like he does?

If that's the case, one of you swing detector, the other follow using PP. Shouldn't take long to recover it.

He did have an idea and we beat it down for 3 hours but no joy. :no: I left him with a pinpointer and my BH so he can keep trying this week. I'll head back at some point soon too.

Back
Top Bottom