Odd readings

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Went swimming with the fishes to day...yes still got I’m floating around out there. Picked up about a half dozen junk earring studs and some pretty corroded pennies and other change. I switched to the new program and nothing sounded good ....had the mixed positive tones just enough to dig. The SS chains and the 14k gold earring of 1 gram....both rang up as 1 digit. Just really SOFT foil sounds. That chain I almost kept walking.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Still haven't upgraded my Nox. Was hoping to get some reviews on if it was different and how.

I added that dime just to show how small the earring was. I got to have some time with it i guess..... because i just wasnt getting the clear clean tones on targets. Maybe they were just junky ..... or maybe deep and junky who knows. Ive got a lot of hours with the machine...... but just not this version of the program. I was running 20 sensitivity and recovery on 4 just because 3 was a bit chatty today with 0 GB.

I added that dime just to show how small the earring was. I got to have some time with it i guess..... because i just wasnt getting the clear clean tones on targets. Maybe they were just junky ..... or maybe deep and junky who knows. Ive got a lot of hours with the machine...... but just not this version of the program. I was running 20 sensitivity and recovery on 4 just because 3 was a bit chatty today with 0 GB.

My upgrade sucked so bad i switched to my CTX and found all the jewelry i was missing. Dont think that upgrade was good for us florida beach guys. Let me know if you disagree. I am going back to the old program. Something not right running the upgrade for me.

Maybe its the lack of minerals.....some machines dont like fluff. I just switched back to the new program yesterday and will give myself some time on it. It did get a lot better depth on that small earring than both the Xcal and CTX. I was getting really bad tones on targets yesterday...... enough to stop me, but the digits were all over the place too. Might also be why they were still there to be found along with that chain. I like the transition with beach 2 with that bit more depth thou...... does that mean sensitivity? I dont know, but i did find that earring with beach 2. I also found in the water yesterday that i had to move up to 4 on the recovery, 3 was a little long on the tones and created a bit more chatter from minerals running at 20 sensitivity.

What i also noticed from using the Xcal the other day in PP..... it seems there is a high gain being used on the Nox for targets....... meaning no real modulation based on size/depth. Thats great for trash........ but id prefer the ability to adjust to my liking and volume doesnt do it. On the Xcal you can hear the mineral....... but on the NOX they are brought to life volume wise.

:dingding: Congrats on the finds. Interesting to see how opinions are on the Equinox.

Maybe its the lack of minerals.....some machines dont like fluff. I just switched back to the new program yesterday and will give myself some time on it. It did get a lot better depth on that small earring than both the Xcal and CTX. I was getting really bad tones on targets yesterday...... enough to stop me, but the digits were all over the place too. Might also be why they were still there to be found along with that chain. I like the transition with beach 2 with that bit more depth thou...... does that mean sensitivity? I dont know, but i did find that earring with beach 2. I also found in the water yesterday that i had to move up to 4 on the recovery, 3 was a little long on the tones and created a bit more chatter from minerals running at 20 sensitivity.

What i also noticed from using the Xcal the other day in PP..... it seems there is a high gain being used on the Nox for targets....... meaning no real modulation based on size/depth. Thats great for trash........ but id prefer the ability to adjust to my liking and volume doesnt do it. On the Xcal you can hear the mineral....... but on the NOX they are brought to life volume wise.
Even on the facebook groups from other parts of the world others are having issues with the update. I know mine makes a funky noise if you wave it across your car now:lol:

Thanks for the additional info. Holding back on the update, especially since I have the EQ600 and not as much flexibility on recovery speed etc. Got a tungsten and Platinum ring last week on the old program so I'll be OK for now :D

Unfortunately I now seemed to have cleaned out the lucky sand when I took my coil cover off and rinsed out all the sand from the underside :) :tissue:

first I found that spider crabs up here in long island sound have a vdi of 5 on the nox 800. second I have a question -how do you switch between "programs"? do you mean the update and original or between beach 1 and 2(that much I do know-not much more though:lol:) As far as I'm concerned the nox is a deep machine but with 5 tones and the worthless vdi numbers it's a dig all and get lucky machine. I just feel more confident with my excal-but thats me-what do I know?

Joe...... hook back up the same website you down loaded the new update from. Once you are on the site... look to the lower right corner. There is a symbol with 3 dots...... click that and the two options come up.

You really have several options for how many tones you use. 1, 2, 5 and 50, but you can arrange your bins to do 3 or 4 tones as well. However with the freq options you wont get it sounding like the Xcal. You get down here this year ill show you on some small gold why im using the Nox over the Xcal. Now.... average to large gold in the water its anybodies game. I sure like the Xcal too...... just simple, quieter, and gets the gold, thats what you need in the water IMO. But ... what a price and warranty difference.

Back
Top Bottom