OCMD Adventure, looking for the perfect Pirate cave

OBN

OldCherryPicker
Forum Supporter
Spent a few days in OCMD looking for my Dream Pirate home, found some great places with incredible views. Have no problem buying the place but it cost more then I want to spend yearly on a Ocean front place, 3700 condo fees, 3100 taxs, 423.oo sewer fees. So I'm rethinking the move or maybe a different location. Did get out to hunt about 6 hours and dug a lot of green coins, junk, and pulltabs. Did score one large 750/18k earing. Meet a couple old friends also, so other then the disappointment over the high cost of owning a beach condo...had a good time.

Pics from the balcony's of the condos, I can say the eye candy from these points even this time of year is very good. 12th street 4th floor and 2nd.

Attachments

• OBN0055.jpg
    OBN0055.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 377
  • OBN0054.jpg
    OBN0054.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_0207.JPG
    IMG_0207.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 379
Looks good Joe! Congrats on the gold score! Last place I checked out had an outlet behind a payphone to charge my detector. A restroom that is closed during the week during winter. And an East coast bath tub you can bathe in daily while you detect. Deal breaker was I couldn't hold going to the restroom for 5 days.:lol:

Hope you find what you're looking for Joe.

Nothing wrong with moving inland a little, as long as you're not far from the shore. A lot cheaper and only a short ride to plunder the gold.

Ocean City is expensive, and they tax you to death. On a side note downtown OC offers a different experience in the off season then it does in the Summer. Just saying.

Good luck with your search, and nice gold!

<--- lives just outside of OC in Delaware.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do the condos theirself run if you don't mind sharing?

Really not bad, but they are not big either. I looked at 3, all were in the range of 269,ooo to 179,ooo sq feet 540 1 bed 1 bath. I have moved the looking to a few blocks in, then if not may look toward Deleware, Ocean View. I just like the fact of setting back and watching the action after a good day on the beach. Ocean City I believe base there fees upon the fact most places rent for big bucks July n August, so they want apart of the money action. My Opinion.

Nice score Joe... Joe you can live in 540 square feet? I have been in bathrooms bigger than that :D

You need more space for yourself in case you have an issue with whomever you are with :lol:

Thanks Craig, I figure the smaller the less I have to clean. Amazing the agent let me stay at his place there for free to see how I liked it for 2 days. And I think I could live there with no problems, alone.

Looks

All sanded in flat beached Joe, ocean front doesn't pay off, I like ocean front to vacation however in Maryland the cost of living is to high and taxed to death, one day I will be in Delaware lower taxes, looking at Selbyville just over the Md line between 113 and rt 1 enjoy Maryland and Delaware without heavy taxes , Delaware gives you a break on state taxes when you retire look into it, happy hunting Earl Ps Craig Joe can't even store his metal detecting stuff in 540 sq ft :shock::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Looks like you had a few good days, wish I could've been there with ya. Hopefully I'll be back in commission soon.

That's some crazy money Joe..... and you didn't even mention insurance. Around here its like a dollar a square foot for those not being uses as seasonals. And just where the heck are they sending the sewer stuff? Must be boxing it and sending it UPS.

Dew

Looks like a nice place to live but I can't get past the weather there myself. If I was retired I would not live on a beach in MD. With all the beautiful beaches in FL and the cheaper living I would move from the frozen north. Just think, you can live cheaper, no state income tax. No car inspections. No heavy coats or heavy boots. No snow chains. No driving 1 MPH over the limit tickets by your gestapo state police. MD is a control state, so is VA. Get the hell out of their control and come on down. The weather is MUCH better and the water is fine. :D I wear flip flops 90% of the time and I have not worn socks in 3 years. :D Good luck on what ever you do but is IS like Dew said.

Obn

If your set on Ocean City Md , check out west ocean City , I had a x girl friends parents that lived their , nice homes , large lot's, Earl

Thanks WildDigger, I agree, no need to throw cash away for the view. Then again I can just park myself on a bench and see the good stuff before heading home.

Earl, Going back in a few weeks will check out the area. I am looking for small, no yard if possible. Would like to be in Biking distances if possible.

Imalooking, Myrtle Beach would be my next stop, but parents are in Maryland, Have to be near to help. And Your right about the Troopers.

Dew, the insurance would be cheap I think, pay cashing for the place and the condo fee covers damages to the building, So they said. So more then likely about 65.oo a month for contents. So they said..lol

Fireman J, You were missed buddy. A sandbar had formed about 50 yards out and the 30 yard wide bay had formed at low tide for a few hours, it was like heaven, I just ran out of time...last I heard OCC Mark had 7 rings out of there in about 7 hours.

Zeeman, the boat is almost ready buddy. It will be ready next early spring for the Bay.

Lo_bo, we will have to hookup. Someday.

Thanks Isaring, bring that CTX up here buddy, I need a hunting partner for the ocean....

Nice looking place Joe. However as you found out, if it's popular with the tourist, it's popular with the taxing authorities and everybody else that thinks they can get a cut. FL is the same way, people come, they raise the taxes.

Wishing you the best for finding the perfect retirement place. At least you are having fun shopping.

Back
Top Bottom