Off to a good start

local_coins

Elite Member
I took my detector to a house I recently purchased in Feb, rehabbed and flipped (under contract now!). It was built in '47. Found a pile of change including 4 wheats and my first silver quarter. Woot!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 444
Thanks! I should have been more clear - first silver for the year, first silver quarter I have found.

May have been the program I was using but I dug way more keepers than trash in this yard.

HH

Wow that's a handful for one yard .
Congrats on the chunky quarter .
That will look great in your keeper pile .
HH , Dew

Nice 1stSgt chevron! whoever lived in that house at one point must have been a Marine who fought in either World War 2 or Nam and you have his rank insignia! If you could find the previous owners on the deeds it would be easy to track the service records for the person and see their story.

I still have my rank insignia from when I got out of the USMC; it's something you hold onto.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nice 1stSgt chevron! whoever lived in that house at one point must have been a Marine who fought in either World War 2 or Nam and you have his rank insignia! If you could find the previous owners on the deeds it would be easy to track the service records for the person and see their story.

I still have my rank insignia from when I got out of the USMC; it's something you hold onto.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
First off: THANK YOU, SIR. I work with two retired marines and I am the odd man out since I am not of a military background but we are all a good personality match. I really appreciate the training and commitment they received as a result of their service. We all work in various aspects of real estate and it has made them very successful.

The rest of this story:

This home was an REO (bank owned) when I bought it. After I closed on it and began working on it I looked through all the drawers, closets etc...they were all empty except for one drawer in the bedroom. It contained 6 - 5.56mm mags, a mag pouch, boot shine kit and wound dressings. 2 of the mags were mil-spec.

I do have the previous owners names as I always look that up when buying a house. I haven't tried tracking them down yet but I plan to. As soon as I dug that up I knew I had to attempt to find them.

Went back on Tuesday and found two more wheats and another handful of change. At this point I've been over most of the yard and cherry picked. Got a week or two before closing so I have a little time left to scour. Got to be a merc or two in there!

Congrats on some great finds. While the silver George is nice, that chevron is in another class all together. Hopefully you can get it back to the marine it belongs to. A quarter can pass through countless hands over the years, but that piece is something connected to one particular person and carries a lot of meaning. Good work!

Back
Top Bottom