Besides hunting curb strips how about this

rcb104

Instead of detecting curb strips which I have not done has anyone ever had any luck in medians in the road like this. This street developed 1930 to 1940's.

wF7n9CL.jpg

I have hit a few of these boulevard separators.
Not much, some trash and clad but they can all be different depending on age.
If people parked near them and walked over them then there could be some great targets.
Have you considered parking lot dividers filled with pebbles, chips or grass?
One of my most productive type of sites especially in high school and college parking lots.
I have found tons of trash in these but also lots of coins and silver and gold jewelry too.

This type of site, like anything else, you can't assume anything...you just have to try.

That one looks pretty 'humped up' with a lot of fill..

I hunt a few of those around here, (Michigan) and noticed directly across from the driveways seems to be the richest target areas on account of thats where the snow plow guy who does the driveway pushes up the snow.

In the Northern States, rings and coins get dropped when people are getting in and out of their cars and taking off gloves, etc...

Up here we look for where the snow has been pushed, anything dropped in the drive or parking lot gets pushed there by the plow boys. Very target heavy and easy locations to find even in the Summer...You just think like a plow boy and your detector will tell you if you thought right! :laughing: Give it a sweep for giggles and report back!
Mud

What do you know, what I thought was useless trivia just served a purpose!!

I once watched a documentary on road construction and improvements etc late one night and they were doing a new residential street with one of these. They showed them bulldozing the street area flat and pushing the dirt to the center to make the divider and lower the street level to aid in rainwater runoff. They showed before and after pictures and it was impressive. This was circa 1946. So, YEAH, I'd definitely go hit that...

I once watched a documentary on road construction and improvements etc late one night and they were doing a new residential street with one of these. They showed them bulldozing the street area flat and pushing the dirt to the center to make the divider and lower the street level to aid in rainwater runoff. They showed before and after pictures and it was impressive. This was circa 1946. So, YEAH, I'd definitely go hit that...

You know what? That makes sense why that one is humped up like that! Good info there Robby!
Mud

San Francisco has some streets like that, with center medians. I've found silver, wheaties, etc... in them.

Thought about hitting them before, but haven't done it yet. I'll get around to it one day..

Thanks for the replies. Taking all into account I think it could be good.

Now the small dividers in parking lots I tried once no luck at all. But will now try again. I have one day a week to detect and like to have a plan on where next.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom