First ring and jewelry!

FoilMeOnce

So I've been hunting for about two months now, but enough to consider it a part time job lol (perks of being a bartender). Went out today for low tide and kept getting lured into the dry sand. Im searching around and was getting a 16-17 on the nox thinking it's a bottle top I was discouraged until bam. A little diamond ring. I don't know what the band is but it rings up the 16-17 on my nox and a 32 on the mx-7. The little bracelet rang a 23 on the nox (I think it's brass) but the barrett is a solid 16 again (still think it's fake). Other than that we found a browning pocket knife and a 1939 wheat penny.
dd68f0149c50d682e494b2491ffe06a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Diamond ring is fake. But the good news is that if there's a 1939 penny then there is definelty some old stuff there aswell. Just a matter of time now.

Yes, I think the bracelet has a better chance of being gold than the ring. I also agree that the penny is a good sign- not only is it old but it has little wear- probably been there a long time. Looks like you have a good area to hunt.

Any writing on the inside of the bracelet? I would have to agree with the above opinions, the hair beret looks like costume jewellery and the ring looks possible brass or copper, being red in color. Nice finds, keep up the good work!

Congrats on the first ring. I like the knife. Was it open when you found it? You may have saved someone some stiches.

No writing on anything. Honestly it all looks plated and light. I'll keep everything until I get the acid testers though just in case. The knife was open but kinda tucked under a big boulder, I agree it could have cut someone open. Definitely going back out tomorrow only had limited time this morning and storms are around tonight. Could be good!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Diamond ring is fake. But the good news is that if there's a 1939 penny then there is definelty some old stuff there aswell. Just a matter of time now.

I agree with Steve, I find that or old silver it's like a Alarm goes off...

Back
Top Bottom