Live Ammo???!!!

Mustang Man

I was at the track the other day and saw some of the 22 blanks that are fired off in races on the side of the track. As I was picking some up I realized that one of them was live!! Since it's only a blank it can't kill but could burn you still. Right now I'm storing it in a sealed glass bottle with the rest of my shells. Is that safe enough?

Attachments

• 484287.jpg
    484287.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 261
No, it's not safe. You can be killed from a blank. That blank is a RIMFIRE which means its much easier to set off. It's inside a glass container, which means shrappnel if it goes off. Put it in the trash. Going off in a landfill isn't going to hurt anyone.

There is little to no threat from an actual round much less a blank .22 round....if your really worried about it just bury it deep in the yard or put it in a glass of water..

I'm not worried because I would never shake it and it is a relatively new round. Second, I doubt a .22 BLANK can blow open this jar, it's pretty thick.

a .22 blank is not much stronger than a percussion cap. it will not hurt you. i have been a hunter, clay pigeon shooter, long range rifle shooter and pistol shooter and i have never, even after years of handling live ammo, dropping ammo and having it loose in my pocket, ever had one go off not in the gun.

Back
Top Bottom