Permission Forms do they go far enough to protect you?

black davy

Most of the forms I have seen only state that the person detecting will not hold the property owner liable for a lawsuit. Well what about you? what happens "IF" the owner falls on his face mowing the lawn or someone goes to that property and gets hurt and now they say it was in one of your holes. What happens if something goes missing from their property? What happens to you? lawsuit? who knows. Remember if you need a permission slip you probably dont know anything about them and vise versa. I need to protect myself. If the fact that they wont sign this as it is written then no big deal i move on. I do not believe anyone is going to a property to rip anyone off or do any damage to anyone or anything, but I am going to cover my tail end. Have I used this, no I just got done writting it up. Use it or not, cover your tail as well as theirs this is a mutual form that you are the one who gets most of the benefits. So abide by the metal detectors code and cover your tail! :!:

Attachments

• Permission XL sheet.xls
    36.5 KB · Views: 437
Do we really need all of this ?

I thought this was a hobby not a profession.

NOt trying to tick anybody off just wondering.

Well I never did untill a rancher near me got some dirt from the county (which he asked for) from the ditches that was being redug.
2 weeks later the county was being sued for the death of his $$$ bull that he had to put down as a result of a major foot injury with glass that came from the ditches.
He won.
Now they will not give any free dirt away.

Always CYA!!!
William

WOW! That's a shame. That Judge should have thrown it out of court. The rancher requested the load of dirt, HE should have been more responsible. It makes you wonder though!!!

Wow, A Florida lawyer and a Massachusetts Judge both in Texas in the same courtroom at the same time......What a coincedence...... :shock:....Gil

I would guess they wouldn't even come close to protecting you from the "wrong" kind of person. I mean the people who make a living suing people and I don't mean lawyers. You could add a bunch of clauses about not being responsible for any direct or inconsequential damages resulting from your metal detecting. I am not a lawyer but a binding arbitration clause might save you too.

Back
Top Bottom