permission granted, but....

007tallguy

Elite Member
i had a nice little chat on Jan 1st with a lady who runs a small business along with her husband not too far from me.
their property is approximately 10 acres and what caught my eye for some time now is a mowed field that's visible from the highway. everytime i drive by, i think to myself: "there's GOT to be stuff there waiting to be detected by someone like me, lol".
the field was former pasture land years ago, now it's kept mowed like a lawn, there's both hardwood and softwood areas in behind the field, so basically a little bit of everything. i think she said there were some old rock walls way in near the back too, but no cellar holes that she was aware of.

anyway, i explained my hobby to her and permission was granted with no questions asked! :D (i knew her husband from school many years ago, and i've dealt with their business numerous times through my line of work, so i'm sure that helped my cause a bit, lol.) ;)

the big issue right now is the weather! we get rain, then it freezes, then more rain, snow last night, rain all day today, back down well below freezing again tomorrow night....... arrrgggggg....!! :mad:
at least when things thaw out, i'll have some fresh ground to hit up! :D

(im)patiently waiting....... :impatient::iwish::foottap::frustrated::dash2:

Best of luck to you, it sounds like an excellent opportunity.
You can use this time to do historical research to see what was there once upon a time.
It will be more valuable if you can tell your friends what was there too:yes:

Best of luck to you, it sounds like an excellent opportunity.
You can use this time to do historical research to see what was there once upon a time.
It will be more valuable if you can tell your friends what was there too:yes:

thanks! :D
i do believe this property is a smaller piece of one really large chunk of land. less than a quarter mile past if, there's a really old cellar hole that's also surrounded by pasture land, but i tried a couple of years ago to get the old guys' permission, but all he seemed to want to do was give me the run around, "call me next week". next week would roll around and same thing again, etc, until i finally gave up on that one.
but where that old place is situated and in close proximity to the piece i do have permission for and the way it's been sub-divided, i'm pretty sure it was all under one ownership back in the day. now if i could only find some history of that old cellar hole..... that could be very interesting! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom