Germany Anyone?

I'm currently in Munich! Unfortunately I'm still waiting for my metal detector that I had to leave in Paraguay, but I'm considering in getting a new one if I find somebody to detect with.

I'm up here just east of Berlin. Drop me a message if you make it up this way some time.

Hard for me to travel much right now with a new baby in the house

HH and hope to hear from you

Same goes for me, You ever end up around Graf give me a call. Never know, May end up taking a trip up there to hit some spots with you. Are you military or Civilian?

Same goes for me, You ever end up around Graf give me a call. Never know, May end up taking a trip up there to hit some spots with you. Are you military or Civilian?

Detecting up here is a bit sketchy to say the least. It's virtually impossible to get permission from anyone. Farmers start to panic if I ask them and then they quickly say no. We have strange and unclear laws regarding detecting in this area of Brandenburg too.

What are the laws like where you are? Are people a bit more friendly towards detectorists?

I'm civ. I have one hunting buddy up here that is former Military.

I have had no issues with anyone while out detecting. I mainly hit up wooded areas. I pack my bag and head down walking paths through large wooded areas. Then I just travel off the path a ways and start hunting. Ive ran into some Police and mostly they ask me if Im finding anything and even walk along with me and watch me dig a few hits. It don't seem a big issue around here.

Heck yeah! Hows the hunting up that way? Ill PM you my number

Hit and miss as you would expect. I havent done alot of relic hunting on base since the whole area as you would imagine is just littered with brass casings. Last fall I did quite a few hunts in the nurnberg city park and found a few 19th century coins.
I do most of my hunting on public property since asking for permission to hunt on private land would be hard because my german isnt great. I always get alot of random people come up and ask me what I found and I will always show them. They seem to enjoy it.
When I was detecting on base last week I was digging by a old rail depot and had the MP's drive by (really really) slowly, wave at me, then drive off :lol:.

Detecting up here is a bit sketchy to say the least. It's virtually impossible to get permission from anyone. Farmers start to panic if I ask them and then they quickly say no. We have strange and unclear laws regarding detecting in this area of Brandenburg too.

What are the laws like where you are? Are people a bit more friendly towards detectorists?

I'm civ. I have one hunting buddy up here that is former Military.

Pretty much what I gathered is that you can hunt anywhere you want as long as you have permission or if its public land. If its public land just make sure that nothing of very historical significance happened there or there is no really important landmarks, statues, ect. And if you do find anything of historical significance make sure to turn it in to the proper authorities.
The polizie dont seem to care just so as long as your not making a big mess.

Also I should add that so far I detected in the park in Graf and at the old church in the Northwestern part of town. I didnt really find jack so I am sure that someone already came and cleared the place out.

Pretty much what I gathered is that you can hunt anywhere you want as long as you have permission or if its public land. If its public land just make sure that nothing of very historical significance happened there or there is no really important landmarks, statues, ect. And if you do find anything of historical significance make sure to turn it in to the proper authorities.
The polizie dont seem to care just so as long as your not making a big mess.
Thing is, I'm very close to Konigs Wusterhausen. Everything here is considered a battleground many times over, from wars dating as far back as 870AD. The german police can decide to pull that card on you anytime they wish. I have been unable to find out at all if its legal to detect parks here. Although, all parks here are very old and are capable of falling under the "historical significance" tag. Its just darn hard to detect here.

Ive been scouting out a forest out by where I live on google earth. Seems like a lot of wooded areas up there. I of course prefer open areas but like you said, its hard to get permission since I can pretty much only order food and beer in German. Ive done decent in the woods though. oldest coin was a 1894 Hungarian coin. But I do find Reich Marks a good bit. Id also like to try and follow some of the creeks and see what turns up. What kind of machine do you use Zander? You can see the button I found by checking out my post in the " Help ID my finds " threads under German Button. The ring next to it is what I found out near Graf yesterday.

Ive been scouting out a forest out by where I live on google earth. Seems like a lot of wooded areas up there. I of course prefer open areas but like you said, its hard to get permission since I can pretty much only order food and beer in German. Ive done decent in the woods though. oldest coin was a 1894 Hungarian coin. But I do find Reich Marks a good bit. Id also like to try and follow some of the creeks and see what turns up. What kind of machine do you use Zander? You can see the button I found by checking out my post in the " Help ID my finds " threads under German Button. The ring next to it is what I found out near Graf yesterday.

Just a garrett ace 350. Not a bad machine but its discrimination and depth reading is a bit funky.
I got 1 button and a assortment of change that I found last fall. Most of my finds were in the nurnberg city park. There is a few other places I want to check out as well. I remember Weiden having a rather large city park. I want to check it out someday and detect there.

Im going to do some research and see what I can come up with. Im going to check out all of the towns around graf and look for parks and walking trails. Even small parks come up with great finds. Ill even look around you area too.

Ramstein

Hey guys. I am in Ramstein/Landstuhl area if anyone is near here I would love to hear from you. I am a newb and am looking for tips and tricks for hunting Germany particularly this area, but am willing to travel a bit for some good lessons and good day out hunting. I do not have a MD yet but am ordering a Garrett 250 soon. Thanks!

Take a weekend and come out to Grafenwoehr. You can link up with me an Zander.

Well Weident Stadpark has some potential. I was there for a couple hours today just to scope the place out. Came out with a little junk. A 1923 2 phennig and another 1 phennig that is indistinguishable.

And a 10 euro parking ticket. :D

Although they are talking a little rain I am probably going to try and get out anyway this weekend. If you want to go hunting this weekend let me know.

Thing is, I'm very close to Konigs Wusterhausen. Everything here is considered a battleground many times over, from wars dating as far back as 870AD. The german police can decide to pull that card on you anytime they wish. I have been unable to find out at all if its legal to detect parks here. Although, all parks here are very old and are capable of falling under the "historical significance" tag. Its just darn hard to detect here.

yea I was just reading on the toytown germany site that if its roman area thats a no go. WW2 stuff they are more than happy to get rid of from what I have been told.

Back
Top Bottom