Huntington Beach Southern California.

coogardie is rough to detect no question to that.I have found some small pickers usually after a rain down in the washes away from where most of the activity is.The randsburg area far better but access is limited to some places unless you dont mind walking a bit or have a 4x4.A lot of old tailing piles to be gone through as well as a lot of washes.

You are 100% correct. Randsburg is somewhat inaccessible without the proper gear and it is a question of the quality of the gear used to create the tailing piles that determines the ability to find targets as well.

Rain is a really good thing in gold bearing lands due to the natural sluice effect, but in the desert the rain is a very rare thing and in the summer months is quite localized to individual thunderheads.

I have learned to love desert living except for when it is VERY hot. And I have learned over time that those that do not live in the desert and know it well seem to think it is a promised land when it comes to prospecting and other valuables to be found in the area. I'm sorry to say it folks - but others have had the very same thoughts and been there already. The days of finding easy gold and things of value in the desert are long gone. If you want to find gold in quantity you need heavy equipment and need to move many tons of material. That is just the cold hard truth of it. That doesn't mean we cannot plink around with detectors and look in the cracks of hard rocks, just don't expect too much is all I am saying.

The Shark

I'm down to hunt with you guys!! I use to hunt Huntington a lot when I lived in Westminster, Now I hunt Torrance/Redondo since I moved to Harbor city..

Have been to Seal Beach for the past 3 days for about 2 hours each with the family. 2 hours has been netting me about $2 in clad quarters, dimes, one nickel and several pennies. No jewelry unfortunately. Today went down to mothers beach and also to a little stretch of beach off 2nd street belmont shore. That was about $5 in an hour.

Going to Huntington or maybe Bolsa Chica or Sunset tomorrow to check it out since I will have more time.

Btw, Seal beach and frankly everywhere I have been has been very friendly. Lots of people ask the same ole questions but that is fine. I don't mind sharing and I remember how interested I was before I got mine. I'm using a brand new Garrett AT Pro and really loving it. 4 days and I'm really able to sort out the sounds now and saving myself a lot of time not digging for trash. I think my profits will continue to go up as my skill lvl increases.

Back
Top Bottom