1800's Anhueser Busch button?

TrashMasterCCS

Elite Member
Found this today on a 175 year old homested. It was about 2 inches down in clay. This style design was last used in late 1800's by Anhueser Busch but I can't find any matching buttons online.

Thanks for the help guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 670
Cool!

From the Anheuser Busch website (link here):

The A & Eagle trademark is the most widely recognized symbol of Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc. and Anheuser-Busch, Inc. First used on the company’s beer products in 1872, the symbol was not registered with U.S. Patent Office until 1877. The trademark (No. 4623) soon became widely recognized as a symbol of quality throughout the world.

No record remains of the symbol’s original designer or its exact meaning. The “A” is believed to stand for Eberhard Anheuser, while there are several interpretations for the eagle. Some see the eagle as a representation of the unlimited vision of Adolphus Busch, while others believe it was included as a mark of respect for the United States, the adopted country of the brewery’s founders. Whatever the original meaning, the A and Eagle has come to symbolize Anheuser-Busch’s century and half old heritage of pride, quality and innovation.

historyEagleAllYears.jpg

Cool!

The A & Eagle trademark is the most widely recognized symbol of Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc. and Anheuser-Busch, Inc. First used on the company’s beer products in 1872, the symbol was not registered with U.S. Patent Office until 1877. The trademark (No. 4623) soon became widely recognized as a symbol of quality throughout the world.

No record remains of the symbol’s original designer or its exact meaning. The “A” is believed to stand for Eberhard Anheuser, while there are several interpretations for the eagle. Some see the eagle as a representation of the unlimited vision of Adolphus Busch, while others believe it was included as a mark of respect for the United States, the adopted country of the brewery’s founders. Whatever the original meaning, the A and Eagle has come to symbolize Anheuser-Busch’s century and half old heritage of pride, quality and innovation.

View attachment 365831
the eagle on the button is standing in front of the A, in the Anheuser logo the eagle is inside the A. could that mean that it predates the examples? HH Steve

If you Google "rare anheuser busch watch fob" you should see some images that are very similar to your button. You might indeed have a very early logo.

Attachments

• ABfob.jpg
    ABfob.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 508
If you Google "rare anheuser busch watch fob" you should see some images that are very similar to your button. You might indeed have a very early logo.

Wow! That is the closest match I have seen. It might be the first cool thing I found metal detecting.

I'm sure you could get AB to look at it for you. I bet they have a corporate historian on staff that could verify what it is.

Here is corporate headquarter's main number. Ask for corporate historian.

1-800-342-5283

I'm sure you could get AB to look at it for you. I bet they have a corporate historian on staff that could verify what it is.

1-800-342-5283

Thanks! I emailed them Friday. I'll try calling Monday. Thanks for the input

Update: Anhueser Busch Cuff Link 1880-1890's.

Cool!

View attachment 365831

the eagle on the button is standing in front of the A, in the Anheuser logo the eagle is inside the A. could that mean that it predates the examples? HH Steve

Wow! That is the closest match I have seen. It might be the first cool thing I found metal detecting.

It's definitely cool, no doubt about that! I've looked a little bit more, but haven't been able to find any more worthwhile info.

Awesome find! I wonder if it's Clydesdale tack? WAG!

I don't know why but it screams military to me, very nice find!

This is extra cool!! :yes:

That's what I was thinking.

Look at that button gap. I looks like it could have been a rosette type of decoration attacked to leather work.

looks like a 1979 quarter to me, but I am not very good at this

1-800-342-5283

Hi guys, Anhueser Busch finally got back to me about my "button". Turns out it is a cuff link from the 1880's-1890's. For some reason I can't edit this post so this is the best I can do.

Back
Top Bottom