Strange Stone

James Huffman

Hello all. A while ago I was detecting the golf course off of my backyard in North Carolina. While doing so I found this stone. It was with a bunch of old bricks and tiles. The stone appears to be not from this area. Charlotte NC. We have Quartz and granit. The stone is very heavy. Heavier than granite.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 257
Heavier than granite? Granite weighs 170lbs/cu.ft...Man...have somebody who really knows rocks look at that...dont sell it to them though...come and report back...sure looks strange...I have no idea what it could be..didja try a magnet on it? might be a nickel/iron meteorite? You might have some real money there if it is...
Mud

Thanks mud puppy for the reply. It is very heavy but not magnetic. Who would you suggest I talk to?

Do you have a university nearby? The geology department would be a start. If not search for a rock and gem club.

Cliff

Grab a cold beer and take that bad boy down to the local college!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Heavier than granite? Granite weighs 170lbs/cu.ft...Man...have somebody who really knows rocks look at that...dont sell it to them though...come and report back...sure looks strange...I have no idea what it could be..didja try a magnet on it? might be a nickel/iron meteorite? You might have some real money there if it is...
Mud

Absolutely not a meteorite.

I think it is stone brought down during the ice age.

In NC?

It is just a rock.

could be native, but would be one heck of a club.

Looks like it could have been binded to a stick. But I dont do that kind of rocks. Pictures never show a rock properly anyway. Could just be a rock.

Back
Top Bottom